lie, lie, lie

I seemed to be getting more and more nervous to meet Finn as the minutes passed.

Why?

He was supposed to just be a jealousy act against Mattheo, but now I could feel butterflies in my stomach.

Even the thought of him made me happy.

He's always so nice and I feel so comfortable around him - which is completely different to how I felt around Theo, I could hardly be myself around him.

Valerie hadn't been helping either.

She hadn't stopped asking questions since I came back earlier.

And, on top of that, she brought Blaise back to our dorm last night while I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom.

I heard his voice and I couldn't just walk out, and then I heard them fucking.

I slept on the bathroom floor because I couldn't leave, imagine how awkward that would be.

Anyway, eventually I pulled myself together and finn arrived.

He knocked gently on the door and stood awkwardly in the corner when I told him to come in.

"give me two seconds and I'll be ready."

I rushed around trying to find my bag and when I finally did, I was ready to go.

"oh, I hope you don't mind, there's been a slight change of plan." He said cautiously.

"ok? well what are we going to do then?"

"well, uh, there is a small event in the slytherin common room and my friend asked me to go with him, and he wanted to meet you."

"oh. yeah I guess we can go then."

why did I agree?

I knew Theo would be there so why did I say yes?

Too late to say no now.

                                       •••

It was not a small event.

music was blasting through speakers, people were talking and dancing and kissing, everyone was smiling and most of all, everyone was ready to get drunk.

I walked in grasping Finn's hand as he pulled me in the direction of his friend.

"Bella this is Elliot, Elliot this is Bella."

"Nice to meet you," Elliot replied, a faint smell of vodka coming out of his mouth.

"Yeah you too."

I spotted Val and Blaise, Dexter and a redhead, and Mattheo with one of his friends.

They were staring and laughing and whispering to each other.

"ignore them Bella, come with me."

Valerie had come and found me, then taken me to talk to her and Blaise.

Finn was stuck in conversation with Elliot and didn't realise me leave.

"You must be Bella?" Blaise asked.

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you."

"You seem to be riddles main topic of conversation tonight Bella," he smiled.