Your Savior (Gabriel x Reader)

So yeah. I saw the angel from Mandela Catalogues and said "oh...you're the one I'm gonna simp for? okay" and here we are. Demonic monster. wHOOPS!

Anyway what if he saves you from another alternate cuz true savior. Haha funny joke. Clap, cowards /j

[TW! TW! This story contains:

Derealization
Manipulation
Descriptions of Body Horror

Read with caution! Stay safe! 💙]

Things had changed since the latest update on the television. After years of government debates, news articles speculating, and whispers of a new set of instructions, they had finally released a statement regarding what to do if you encounter an alternate.

When you sat there on that cold November evening, you didn't know how to react. A flood of primal emotions sank into your gut as you read it. Fear, anger, despair, hopelessness...sick to your stomach. It was simple. It was fucking garbage. No one would come to your rescue, don't carry weapons anymore, and don't even try to put up a fight to survive, no...

"When encountering an alternate,

Pray."

That's all it said. Simple.

Bullshit.

Only a handful of people left their homes after that, everyone else including you weren't taking the risk. You hadn't done anything except watch TV, hoping to drown out your fears with something that at least imitated real life. A comedy show or two, maybe a cop show or something if you were feeling good enough. Anything to distract you from the horrible thoughts that crept into your brain was enough.

So, as you sat on the couch, watching Nobody Knows My Wife is a Dog!, you felt almost content. A funny show, a good snack in hand, it was...nice. You only wished you had some company, at least. Living alone at a time like this was unbearable, but, maybe one of these days it would be safe to invite someone over...

Wishful Thinking, Y/N...

You froze. The laugh track coming from you TV speakers was looping. Was that your own thought? It didn't sound right.

Why is the TV broken?

Again, the voice in your head didn't seem like your own. Your breath began to hitch. What the hell was this? The TV began to display static.

You already know what this is...

Fuck. You couldn't move. You were just...frozen. Frozen in your seat as a person- no, a creature began to rise up and into frame. It's eyes were far too big, and the rest of what could be called a face had no features. It was just blank. No nose, mouth, ears... just a black void. But you could still hear it as it reached an elongated hand through your screen.

"Y/N~ Why do you look so scaaaared? I'm only here to help you, dear!"

You tried to speak, but no words escaped your lips.

"Oh, I know you're afraaaaaid, my friend. Just LOOK at you! All those silly little thoughts running through your head must be sooooo delightful~!" It crawls out towards you, standing tall and lanky, eyes scrunched in what would be a smile if I it a mouth. "Yooooou know~ I have a surprise for yooooou~ Close your eyes!"