The King - Part 1

This story is heavily inspired by The King by Sarah Kinsley (specifically the live studio version). Her music is absolutely incredible and I can't recommend this song enough. Normally I'm not a fan of song-fics, but...I also can't resist lol. I promise I won't like. Put the lyrics in as full paragraphs and break the mood.

Also this one's gonna be broken into actual chapters (ooo)

And of course, here are the warnings

CW! TW! The following story may contain:

Mentions/Descriptions of Derealization
Mentions/Descriptions of Panic Attacks
Delusional Thinking
S*icidal Ideation

Please read cautiously and stay safe!

And do enjoy this emotional roller coaster.

The darkened sky painted the house gray and dull as Gabriel swooped in from outside- the large, open window allowed for his entrance. The light curtains fluttered with the cold breeze... the sky would probably open up at any moment now. Gabriel settled in and closed the window, and as he folded his wings to his back, a handful of papers on your desk caught his attention. He approached cautiously. You had asked him not to pry into your writings months ago, and for the most part he had listened, but, something about the way these were strewn across your space made him curious.

Slowly, he sat down at your desk. The dim outside light wasn't quite enough, so he turned on your desk lamp. The yellow light reminded him of sunlight, and as he began to read your papers, the feeling of warmth began to sink itself in as memories of your confession to him spoke from the page...

-----------------------

Sunlight bounced off the grass, bright and colorful flowers making the open field perfectly vibrant. It was warm, the springtime air finally blew away the last touches of winter and now the weather was perfect. There wasn't a cloud in the sky as you and Gabriel laid out among the buttercups and daffodils. The two of you laughed about something, though what it was had already been forgotten as your eyes met. Gabriel chuckled at the look on your face.

"What? What are you laughing at?" You ask, a giggle barely suppressed on your tongue.

"Nothing," he says, laughter in his eyes, "nothing, it's just..." he pauses, and looks to the sky. "For all the humans I've encountered...I never thought I'd befriend one. I was so curious about why I knew nothing about you, why I couldn't see into your mind, and now...I understand that there is more to see than just fear and sadness. There is more to humanity than I ever thought, and I appreciate it that you let me be a part of that."

"Oh, wow..." you say, surprised to hear him talk so dearly about you. "I...I don't know what to say, I- thank you, I guess. That's...that's hard to wrap my mind around, but, I'm glad I could help you see more in humanity." You turn on your side to better face Gabriel. "And I have to say, you've taught me a lot too... I mean, I was terrified of so many things before I met you. I could hardly leave the house, I always felt so scared of everyone and everything. But now? When I'm with you? I feel...like I've been put into place."

Gabriel turns to face you now, blond curls swaying ever so slightly in the breeze. You reach out and brush some of his hair out of his face. The touch of your hand makes him blush. "Um, Y/n-"

"Shh, Gabriel..." you silence him quietly, the warmth of you hand trailing down to cusp his cheek. Your eyes capture his own, and you start to lean closer, and before he knows it, all his feelings travel into his chest as your lips gently press together. Gabriel closes his eyes after you do, and every thought is gone as he embraces the sensation of your kiss. And, just as suddenly as it happened, it was over. He slowly opens his eyes, and chuckles at you smiling face.