Winter Wonder (Gabriel x Reader)

Ah yes, another Holiday special! Get cozy and get ready to feel magical!

Gabriel's planning a winter trip you'll never forget, and you're not too sure about it at first...until he lifts you off your feet and into an amazing place.

[No warnings this time! Just enjoy the fun vibes!]

"I don't know, a trip during the holidays? It's gonna be crazy, everyone's gonna want to travel."

"Dearest, I promise you there will be no issues with this little trip. We won't go too far from home, I'll make sure you're safe and warm, and-"

"But where are we going? I know you said it's a surprise but like, what if they're closed cuz of the weather, I mean, it's still snowing outside and-"

"Dearest Y/N." Gabriel got up from his seat and hugged you from behind, pulling you in close. "Please, trust me. The weather tomorrow won't stop us, and there won't be anything to worry about. I will keep you safe. No one will bother us. It's going to be...thrilling." He kisses your cheek, and that alone is enough to clear your mind. "Besides, it is not a long journey," he comments.

You nod. "Okay...but-"

"Shhh, darling... please, worry not," Gabriel says, petting your head slowly. He mumbles quietly, "Your anxieties are outcasted and your mind is empty," and just like that, your racing thoughts are gone.

"Thank you," you mumble. The thought of Gabriel being able to sort of "dictate" your thought patterns was still slightly off putting, even after knowing him for a while...but the relief in this moment was bliss. Soon, you both ended up in bed, Gabriel still stroking your hair, lulling you into sleep with his warmth...

The next day seems pretty average aside from your lingering questions. You at least knew wherever you and Gabriel were going tonight wasn't far enough for any sort of packing, but you still worried about traffic and the weather. Still, all day he insisted that you not worry about all of that, and you tried your best... but it was not easy.

Especially when, as the sun went down, you could tell Gabriel was growing more eager. Mind you, it was not the kind of jumpy, giddy type of eager. No, on Gabriel it was subtle. His tone of voice, the smiles he would give you, the little gestures of affection. For not being very expressive most of the time, it was a big deal. It made you both nervous and a bit eager yourself. On top of everything else, you were very curious to see just what he had planned.

"Alright, dearest Y/N," Gabriel pipes up as the long shadows cast by the trees outside grow longer, and the sky slowly started to turn from blue to orange to lavender, "Put all you winter wear on. It's almost time," he says, blue eyes filled with an adventurous light. You simply couldn't wait any longer as you threw yourself together, nearly putting your boots on the wrong feet and your winter hat on backwards. After adjusting yourself, and bundling up very warmly, you were set...or so you hoped.

"Oh dearest, you look so adorable in all your bundled-up glory," Gabriel says with a chuckle. "Come, come to the window with me." He leads you to one of the windows in the upstairs hall, and as he opens it, you feel even more confused. What the hell is he doing?

He turns to you, the joy and anticipation in his eyes momentarily fading as his tone lowers. "Tell me now if you want to back out of this, darling," he says, "If we do, you have to trust me. Fully." He takes your hand, his expression changing from hardened seriousness into something more softly somber. "And if you do not trust me, I do understand, just...let me know now, alright?"

You nod. "I trust you, Gabriel."

"Okay. Sit on the ledge of the window."

"What?" Your eyes widen.

"Go on, I'll make sure you don't fall, Y/N. Promise~"

You sit down, facing Gabriel. He shakes his head and gestures you to sit facing the outside. You hold your breathe as you slowly, carefully maneuver your legs over the ledge and dangle them outside, leaving your hands to have a vice grip around the edge that was inside. "Gabe, I don't know about this. What does this have to do with what we're doing?"

"Do you still trust me?" He asks, wrapping his arms around your torso.

You look down, and take a deep, shaky breath. "I do."

"If it's easier, close your eyes for now," he says, and you can feel a gentle push from behind you.

You shut your eyes tight as you feel the ledge tear away from you, and Gabriel's grip on you tighten. You feel the icy cold wind on your face, but instead of falling, you can tell the two of you are moving forward. The sound of whooshing around you finally convinces you to take a peek. To your shock and awe, you were both flying!

"O-oh my gosh, Gabriel!" You look around and see the tree tops pass by under you, and it's simply amazing. You know he could fly, of course, but to carry someone else? He must really love you.

"Now, I know you'd been talking about that one house..."

You gasp. "The one with the lights that sync up to the music?"

You can feel the hum in his chest as he confirms it. Then, there in the distance, fast approaching, you see the flashing of colors and light. As you get closer, you start hearing the music. You already wished you could turn and hug Gabriel, this was incredible!

You flew overhead, and Gabriel finally got the two of you to land right in front of the house, which surprisingly didn't have any passing cars at the moment. As soon as your feet touched the ground, you turned and pulled him into a tight embrace.

"Gabriel! This is perfect, I don't know how to thank you!" You tell him this over the music, but he smiles and shakes his head.

"Your face right now is thanks enough," he yells over the music. You both turn and watch the musical spectacle then, the lights dancing and playing to the tunes.

It was truly a winter wonder.