Come Here, Darling (Gabriel x Reader)

So I got a cute request from @matiangellove for a shy reader to fall for our favorite angel, and I think I've got this in the bag ;)

[No warnings this time! Just nervousness turning into heart eyes heheh]

You'd only seen him once before. Just once, by chance, when the clouds were roaring with thunder and the air was thick with humid rain and the smell of rot. You were in your car, convinced that the thing on the hood was going to either kill you itself, or drive you mad. It's oversized eyes bore into yours at its claws pressed into your windshield, and as the lightning failed to illuminate this monster, you were certain it was over.

Until he showed up. That chance encounter. An angel, illuminated that that lightning, had saved you. He made the horrid creature leave, you could barely hear his voice through the cracks in your windshield. Whispery, yet dark and threatening as he commanded the alternate to leave. Then you locked eyes, and he flew off. That night you had entered your home, thankful for whatever god had sent you that mysterious savior.

It's been a week and you still can't stop thinking about that angel. Even in that brief moment, something about him was...alluring. But for all you knew, he could have been another alternate. Maybe he drove off the first one to eventually get to you himself. Then again, if that were the case, why didn't he come after you? Maybe he really was just...an angel. Sent to protect you in that moment, perhaps? Who knows. It's not like you run into him again any time soon.

Or so you thought. As you opened your front door to head in from a long day at work, you couldn't believe your eyes. Were you dreaming? Was he really here? The angel, alternate- whatever he was- was here in your living room! You didn't know whether to be terrified or surprised or even a bit excited under those nerves. Still, you swallow some of the fear, brush your hair out of your face and say, "Um- uh...h-hi?"

"Ah, you're home. Come here, dear. I must tell you something of great importance regarding... that fool who tried to get to you," he says, he voice breathy and quiet. You didn't expect him to sound so...resigned. Still, the mere presence of this being both frightened you and somewhat made you curious.

Nervously, and without moving any closer, you ask, "What...wh-what are you doing here? How did you get into my house?"

"Everything can sneak through an unlocked door, and open window...a television left on a little too long," he said pointedly.

You gulp. "Well, u-um...okay, but, ah- why are you...here, exactly? I-I mean, im thankful that you stepped in when you did, but, uh, I-"

The angel steps closer, closer. You tense, pressing yourself back against the door. Was he going to kill you? He speaks to you, his voice hushed and a bit playful. "Well, was business would I have with you if it wasn't important, hm? My dear," he smiles. It's uncanny. "I wanted to check in after your scare. The fool that tried to hurt you is...no longer a problem, I must inform you, but..." he trails off, leaning in closer. Your cheeks heat up. Was it getting hot in here?

"Im the one you need to worry about now," he says. Your heart in practically pounding out of your chest. He was far too close, far too soft-spoken, far too...gorgeous. Oh god, what were you thinking?!

"Wh-what do you...?"

"I mean to say, my darling, that like the monster that became caught up in you...I too have found myself entangled. Though I am lured not by a hunger for horror. No, I come here now to tell you that I am simply...fascinated by you. Struck with something else. A deep curiosity."

You shake your head in disbelief. "M-me? But...but I'm not that interesting. I-I...I don't even go out much. I'm all shy and- and I fumble over my words, and I- I just work and come home and, well. W-watch some shows sometimes, maybe. Th-there's no way! We...we don't even know each other's names! How could you be so...so intrigued by me of all people??"

He backs off. "My name is Gabriel. Yours is Y/N. You're beautiful. Your voice is cute, especially when you fumble. It's charming. The look of terror on your face that night... It was the only time someone being horrified made me feel what is described by humans as "sick to my stomach"... I want to know more. I want to understand why such an anomaly exists. The only human to make me... drive off one of my own creations."

You take a moment to process all of this. What if this was some sort of trick? Then again...Gabriel did save you back there. And he was so magnetizing. Something about him just made you want to deeply trust him, even if it was a lie. Even if it was dangerous. You'd never been one for danger before, but, this was so new and different and even a little exciting.

"Come here, darling," Gabriel says, "when you have made up your mind on your own curiosity."

You take a deep breath. "Okay. I'll- I'll come to you. Just- just don't uh, don't...do anything weird."

You step towards Gabriel, who reaches his hand out. When you take it, you feel static. Like pins and needles, but it feels nice. He's cool to the touch as well, but not ice cold. He leads you to the couch, offering a seat next to him. He brushes his blond curls out of his face and smiles at you, looking...genuinely happy, as far as you could tell.

"Thank you, my darling. Now then, I am sure we have plenty of time to get to know each other, so...would you like to indulge in a show? For all the times I've used a television, I've never actually watched a show," Gabriel admits. Your eyes widen.

"Never??? Oh my god- uh, um, well uh, you like... s-seeing people be scared, right? We could watch...a horror movie...if you want?"

"Pick whatever you want, dear."

"Well, there's The Shining, Poltergeist, The Exorcist, Us, Hereditary, Cujo-"

"Y/N...please. I don't know any of them. Just pick what you want to watch. I can tell you're...familiar with these horror movies," Gabriel says, a bit overwhelmed.

"Oh...um- okay, uhhhh...The Shining it is, then...I-I guess." You start the movie, and Gabriel slowly wraps his arm behind and around you, pulling you next to him, letting you lean against him. You're sure your face flushes, but you don't say anything. You just snuggle up against him. Maybe this could be...fun.