Comforting Cuddles (Gabriel x Reader)

Heyyyy I'm back from the dead! I literally start up college classes tomorrow as of writing this, so that's wild. I've been super busy lately with school prep, being an orientation leader for the newbies, writing other things for a writing club I'm in and just. Trying to live life in general. Had a major creative block for the last while and I'm only now starting to come out of it. Sorry for the long wait everyone. I hope you enjoy this short fluffy story before I peacefully rest my brain for 8 hours.

No warnings, just fluff and cuddles for you. :)

You lay back in your bed, the dark room only illuminated subtly by the glow of your phone as you peacefully rest, scrolling through your socials as the crickets chirp outside your window and the air vent hums softly in the corner. Your eyes feel heavy as you mindlessly check a few things, and you stretch with a yawn as you finally decide that maybe it's time to hit the hay.

You plug in your phone and adjust yourself to be under your covers, the blankets not quite feeling comfortable enough tonight. You close your eyes, and for a few moments your lay there, mentally sighing. You turn over. And turn over again. After a few more minutes of tossing and turning, you resign on your back with an exasperated flop. Perhaps you weren't getting any sleep yet.

Then, quietly, slowly, you hear your door open with a creak. A sliver of light beams into the room.

"Gabe? That you?" You mutter. The door opens wider, and you see none other than your favorite angelic alternate. He steps in, the hall light shining around him like the door was a strange, otherworldly portal.

"Sorry, did I disturb your slumber?" Gabriel asks.

"No, actually I uh, can't get comfy." I sit up, and he approaches the side of the bed, lifting your chin and making you blush as your eyes meet.

"Perhaps...if it is alright with you, of course-- I could help you get cozy?" He asks.

You nod, reaching out your arms and embracing Gabriel as he climbs into your bed. One wing draped over your shoulder, the other hanging slightly off the edge of the bed. His arms wrap around your back, and he pulls you in close.

The warmth is comforting, and the smell of him seeps into your bones as you both lie there. No more words are spoken. You don't need them. Gabriel simply strokes your hair as you close your eyes, and within moments you drift off with him...