his brother is in the way!

"you again?" felix walks in to english to see chan standing there.

he looks into his eyes and is just staring, he still didn't understand how he was the only one who didn't know who he is.

"what?" felix was staring back, who was in confusion.

he looks away to see everyone looking at him once again.

"is it true you have a brother? and he's cute!?" a classmate says.

"he's adopted, but yes" chan sits down in his seat while felix shakes his head.

"what's that for?" chan looks at him.

"what?"

"you sound angry that you have a brother" felix looks back at him.

"when your parents treat him more like their son than they're actual son, yeah, you'll be mad" chan says.

"wow guess we have something in common"

"you have a brother?" felix nods and points to minho who just walked in.

"he's mr. popular"

"won't everyone be all around you then if you're his brother?" felix shakes his head.

"I was tired of everyone using me to get to him, so I shut everyone out and eventually they stopped befriending me" chan nods.

"so then what about your parents?"

"they shut me out"

well based on the way you act I see why, who would love someone like you?

"I see"

"I kind of got used to it... I have meals in my room and I can't remember the last time they talked to me"

"will you stop making people try and show sympathy for you?" minho walks up to them.

"I'm not"

"you are"

minho goes back to sit down when mr. kim walks in to start the class.

...

"so how's operation befriend felix going?"

"not very well, his brother keeps getting in the way"

"really?"

"yeah, every time we have a conversation and he talks about himself, he always interrupts and says that he's trying to get me to feel sympathetic for him"

"does he know who you are?"

"probably, it seems like him and his brother don't get along very well so he probably won't tell him"

"well good, I'll find someone to try and keep his brother away"

"you don't have to seungmin"

"too late, I'm already doing it"

"fine, see you later"

miseok walks in to see chan who looked stressed out.

"what's up now?"

"well there's this boy at school who is literally the only one who doesn't know who I am, so I'm using him as a friend so people will leave me alone" she nods.

"well I think maybe you should think about his feelings too"

"huh?"

"what if he found out? and not only that, more importantly that you used him, maybe he actually wants to be your friend but now it's all fake"

"I didn't think of it that way..." chan looks down. "miseok have I always been like this?" he looks back up at her.

"like what?"

"selfish... I never realized it... I guess the fame got to me..."

"oh it's okay honey everyone has their moments"

"well I'm gonna go get some sleep, good night miseok" chan gets up and goes to his bedroom.

"oh chan, I think you've fallen for him!" she smiles until she gets up to clean up the kitchen.

————————————————