Shadow House Prologue

"And she does it again folks! The great Dahlia Prince performs yet another flawless routine!" The announcer said through the mic as said girl was waved to the crowd.

"What do you expect? I mean she is California's hopeful to join the Olympics in the under 16 category, truly amazing!" The other announcer said the girl left the stage with her hoop.

"Good job out there, you've really outdone yourself this time!" Her coach said.

"Thank you. I owe it all to you Mr Goodman." She said.

"Oh shucks, you give me too much credit, you're the one who practiced hard to get where you are, your parents must be proud." He said and pat her head as they left the building.

"Uh...yeah. Oh look there's my ride, see you next week for practice Mr Goodman!" She waved as she said goodbye to her coach and into her car.

****

The driver took her mansion-sized home. She walked in to find, as usual, nobody home.

"Welcome home Miss Dahlia." The head butler greeted her.

"Hello Carl. Are my parents or brother home yet?" She asked.

"I'm afraid not. Your parents have left to attend a function in Paris and your brother is still attending a meeting in place of your father." He said.

"Oh...well then, What's my schedule for tomorrow?" She asked.

"Well tomorrow, after school you have dance, language followed by singing class and weapons training after a short break of two hours." He listed off.

"Thank you. I think I'm going to rest." She sighed and walked up the stairs to her room. She threw her bag next to her desk and went for the bathroom and took a shower from the long day she had.

After showering she changed into her pajamas and turned on her laptop and switched to an anime her friend from school recommended to her.

She took out a bag of chips from under her bed and started munching on them as she hummed the theme song. 

I wish they'd used the whole manga though, it would have been more exciting, but either way it's still interesting to watch. She thought.

Despite her family's practiced calculated life. She's had to give up many things like junk food, thanks to her mother and taking part in certain interests like anime, but she couldn't help it as she found it interesting and fun to do.

After rewatching the show for the third time she closed her laptop, had a glass of water and slept for the night. Little did she know,that would be the last she'd open her eyes in this world.

****

Dahlia was having quite a strange dream, she felt like she was floating, but she couldn't tell if she was floating in light or in darkness, she was just there. But the longer she was there the more she could hear voices hovering in the background.

"Are you sure this is wise?"

"We have no choice, that world will turn out badly if we don't do something."

Huh?...Who's talking?

"But we already sent someone there already."

"I understand that, but we can't leave it to chance, she's the most capable of candidates, start the transfer."

Wait, what are you doing to me?

"I'm sorry dear one, I know this is unusual for you, but a certain world needs you. I am sorry to take you from your home, but don't worry I'll make sure you're not alone and, I'll give you a gift that will help you." 

"Is she ready?"

"Wait, can someone explain what's going on?"

"Yes."

What are you doing, stop!

"Alright, let's get this over with." 

No! Wait, stop!

Next thing Dahlia knew she felt excruciating pain radiate through her body as though she were being ripped apart from the inside out and the only thing she could do was scream out in agony, frightened at what was to happen to her and whether or not it would stay like this.

Somebody help me! She screamed until it all went blank and the last thing she realized was that she was being sucked in somewhere. 

"I'm sorry and good luck. May the Gods be forever in your favor Miss Savior."