Memories, Gift and Outside The Room

It was another day in the Shadows House. Arla got up as usual, ate the bread provided and headed off to Charlotte's room.

"Let's go Ellie." She said and brought the teddy bear with her.

"My name is Arla and I'm a living doll here to serve Mistress Charlotte." She muttered to herself as she entered.

"Good Morning Arla." Charlotte said as Arla walked in.

"Good Morning Mistress Charlotte." Arla said as she opened the curtain and let the light in.

"We always emit soot when we sleep, but this morning is a bit more than usual. Will you manage?" Charlotte asked.

"Yes, I'll be fine. Thank you for your concern." Arla said as she picked up her cleaning tools and began to work as Charlotte went to the bathroom.

"Today is going to be a great day, isn't that right Ellie!" Arla said, putting her teddy bear aside and began cleaning.

Charlotte came back out full dressed and took out a book to read. Arla had done the shelf and was going to move to the table.

"You know Arla, Charlotte found out that dolls need to be regularly lubricated with water. It's an uncomfortable procedure and Charlotte is not sure if she should do it." Charlotte said.

"What are you saying, Mistress Charlotte? If the lubrication procedure is necessary then by all means do it." Arla said, but Charlotte was still hesitant.

"But it's a very painful and grueling procedure Charlotte doesn't know if--"

"Don't worry Mistress Charlotte, I can handle it." Elda said, trying to assure her shadow mistress.

"Okay." Charlotte said and brought over a pitcher of water, a bucket and a cup. She poured a cup and handed it to Arla.

"Drink." Charlotte said and she drank it. She poured another and Arla drank it. This happened about a few times.

"Arla, do you remember anything?" Charlotte asked confusing Arla

"Remember what Mistress Charlotte?" Arla asked and Charlotte poured another cup of water.

"Drink." Charlotte said and Arla obediently took the cup and drank. This continued on for a while before Arla started feeling sick.

"Mistress Charlotte , I'm not feeling well." She muttered as her face grew pale. Charlotte wanted to stop, but she knew that if she stopped now it would all be for nothing.

Charlotte is sorry. Charlotte thought as she poured another glass.

"You told Charlotte that you could endure, were you lying because Charlotte doesn't appreciate lying." Charlotte said.

"I wasn't lying, but--"

"Then drink." Charlotte said and Arla weakly picked up the cup and drank, but she couldn't even make it half way before she held her mouth and dove for the bucket and puked.

"Do you remember Arla?" Charlotte asked.

"I-I don't know, I'm not sure what I have to remember." Arla said on the verge of tears.

It's for her own good, it's for her own good. Charlotte thought and poured another cup.

"Drink." She said.

"But, Mistress Char--"

"Drink." Charlotte said and placed the cup by Arla's lips and she drank it slowly.

Arla felt terrible and she kept puking out her stomach contents every few times.

Have I done something wrong? Did I do something wrong? Am I not doing the lubrication right? What is it I'm supposed to... remember? Arla thought as she kept feeling extremely weak before everything started getting hazy.