Treats, Keys, Choices and the Debut (part 2)

Emilico sulked as they were lowered causing Kate to become anxious.

This won't do. If we remain so emotionally distant, we shall fail the debut. What is wrong with her? Why won't she act as Kate wishes? We must be more like Sarah and Mia. But she frets over trivial matters. She befriends other faces. She let that name issue get to her. Living dolls only exist to be a Shadow's face. Fretting over trivial matters amounts to defying your master. Come what may, a doll must swear to be ever loyal to its master. Living dolls need not befriend each other. Kate thought in a panic causing her soot to rise erratically.

"Don't panic you two." Charlotte said she and Elda pat their shoulders, causing the pair to look at them.

"Mistress Freya is right...the test isn't over yet, so don't lose heart too quickly." Arla said and Edward started to play the piano gaining all of their attention. The pairs gradually made their way up as well.

"Oh music! Charlotte wants to dance, let's go Arla!" Charlotte beamed as she took Arla's hand and made their way to the centre of the dance floor.

"What an elegant tune. Who knew special dolls could play the piano?" Patrick said.

"Maybe he wants us to dance to see if we're at one with each other." Ricky whispered.

"Oh, um, very well. Shall we dance, Ricky?" Patrick asked and Ricky bowed.

"Oh my! Louise loves to dance. We've practiced this dance so very much haven't we, Lou?" Louise said and Lou raised her hand to be taken by her.

"They practiced? I don't know how to dance." Emilico wilted, earning a glance.

◇ Oh, how Charlotte would like to help them!◇

♧I understand...but remember we cannot hinder them, they must move forward together on their own just as we have.♧

◇ I know...◇

One can easily see that Louise truly loves her face, or in short, herself. She is leading Lou, and Lou is surrendering herself to her master. Charlotte and Arla have this certain air about them but one could tell with a glance that they are in perfect harmony as though they are one person entirely which makes them shine even more. But with Patrick, Ricky leads him at times. Ricky is spotlighting Patrick without standing out too much. They go well with each other with their similar personalities. Kate thought as she examined her competitors.

We're falling behind. Emilico will never be Kate's face. Isn't there some way we can pass the debut? Kate doesn't want to get eliminated here. There is something she must do. She thought as her anxieties erupted causing Elda, Shaun and Rum to glance and Emilico with concern.

"Would you...care to dance...Mistress Shirley?" Rum asked and Shirley walked ahead to the dance floor causing a small smile to bloom on Rum's face and she stood beside Emilico for a moment.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Shall we join them, Shaun?" John asked and the pair made their way to the floor as well and John pat Emilico's shoulder as he walked by.

"Don't give up." Shaun whispered.

Emilico once again looked on the dance floor and met eyes with Elda who smiled and winked at her. "You can do it."Arla mouthed.

Emilico was overwhelmed with support she received from her friends and turned firmly to face Kate.

"Mistress Kate! Forgive me for feeling discouraged. I won't give up." Emilico said with courage.

I was wrong. It was I who was not paying attention to Emilico. Kate thought.

"Very well. Let's dance, Emilico. But first...laugh. Laugh out loud. A grand Laugh." Kate said and Emilico let out a heart laugh indeed and Kate laughed along too.