The Living Doll

*gasp!*

I woke with a fright from the dream I just had. What was that? I thought as I opened up my case and swung my legs over the edge and slipped on my shoes. My head throbs a bit, I'm guessing from the dream I just had, but it disappeared. I look behind me to see papers stuck to the wall. All on closer inspection looked like instructions.

I'll take a look at those later. I thought and I took off my night cap letting my purple hair flow down my back.

Next, I put on my apron and tied it in a bow on my back. I looked in the mirror and grabbed strands of my hair and made two braids at the sides of my head before taking the two ribbons in front of me and making two bows at the start of the braids.

All of a sudden my stomach growled and on cue someone lifted a small hole and placed a piece of bread for me.

The bread looks weird, but I'm hungry and I'm sure they wouldn't poison me...right? I thought as I examined the bread. I broke it in half and did a sniff check. It doesn't smell weird. I thought and cut a piece off and ate it, after a few experimental chews it was good so I ate the loaf and dusted the crumbs off my hands. I see that there's a paper with a drawing of...a person?

The picture looked familiar so I used the mirror to inspect it and the silhouette looks like me and under the picture I saw the name of the drawing.

Charlotte,Pretty cute name. So this is the person I'll be serving from now on. I thought and I took my lantern and walked down a path that led me to a flight of stairs and to a steel door.

I tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge. So I pulled it harder and the thing finally moved and I almost tripped over when it swung open, thankfully I got my balance back and walked into another room.

This one was empty except for the lever and other stuff next to it. I didn't know what else to do so I pulled the lever.

The room shook and I was thrust down to my arms and knees by a rush of pressure.

Definitely an elevator! One that I'm definitely not used to! I thought as the wind flapped my cheeks around.

The ride stopped and I hopped off trying to catch my breath as that contraption literally knocked the wind right outta me.

"They should really consider some maintenance." I breathed. After some air back in my lungs I looked up to see a wall right in front of me. It was an odd looking wall, but it's kinda obvious what it does.

I pushed the wall and just as I suspected. A revolving door. Pretty cool, it's like something from those mystery novels. I thought as I walked in.

"Hm...Excuse me?" I called.

"Welcome to Charlotte's room." a voice said which made me spin on my heels. It was the person in the picture.

"What is it?" She asked as her head tilted to the side.

"Oh no, forgive me for staring." I said.

"It's fine." She said and she removed her nightcap and her black hair fell to her sides.

"Charlotte believes we are in need of an introduction." She said.

"Oh yes. My apologies. Good Morning Mistress Charlotte I'm the living doll who will be serving you starting today." I said.

"...What's your name?" Mistress Charlotte asked.

"Pardon?" I asked.

"Your name, what is it?" Mistress Charlotte asked.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't have one." I said.

"Then Charlotte will have to name you... hm...unfortunately I can't think of one at the moment, Charlotte hopes you don't mind waiting." Mistress Charlotte said.