The Way She Reassures

I get back on the ship, and walk around for a bit. It seems eerily quiet.

Way too quiet.

I walk around for a little bit more, thinking about what Reinette said. About being alone.

She has no idea. She has never been alone. She's always had someone near her at all times. I've had my entire species ripped away from this universe. Until now, I was completely alone. The only one in the universe.

"Doctor?" I heard a faint voice scream.

Oh boy.

I jog over to the origin of the voice, and I hear a commotion going on in the area in front of me. I get behind a vent tube and listen in to the conversation that was happening.

"Rose? They're going to chop us up, just like the crew. They're going to chop us up and stick us all over their stupid spaceship. And where's the Doctor? Where's the precious Doctor now? He's been gone for flipping hours, that's where he is!" I heard Mickey scold.

Oh great, now he is somewhere else wandering. Typical.

The droid chimes in, "You are compatible."

Rose gets defensive, "Well, you might want to think about that. You really, really, might, because me and Mickey, we didn't come here alone. Oh no. And trust me, you wouldn't want to mess with our designated driver."

Oh great, now she's feisty. Just what we need.

The droid takes none of her sass and extends the blade on the end of his arm as the cogged wheel spins at the end.

Rose goes wide-eyed, then gains what little confidence she has left and says, "Ever heard of the Daleks? Remember them? They had a name for our friend. They had myths about them, and a name.."

She goes on and on about the Doctor and how he was the "Oncoming Storm".

As if I didn't exist.

That alright, I can be humble. But I also really want to see this go down, because not even a second later the Doctor stumbles in as if he had been partying all night. Tie around his head and ridiculous sunglasses on.

I am losing brain cells as this conversation continues. Now he is calling the droid thick. With extra thicks. From thicktown, thickcania. And so is it's dad apparently.

Then all of a sudden, out of the blue, he pours the liquid that was in his glass on the head of the droid, and the droid seizes up as the gears stop spinning.

Multigrain anti-oil. Classic. Terrible for TARDISes, but really good for stopping futuristic droids dressed as frenchman.

I hear a bell coming from somewhere in the walls, and then the droid reactivates and expels the anti-oil at the floor.

The switch turns from off to on, activating the link to eighteenth century France.

They must have found the correct link to when Reinette would be compatible. I need to go warn her.

They're still debating on why the bell is ringing, and I sprint back to the portal and quickly pull the switch and the fireplace rotates. I end up in the bedroom of Reinette. I ran to the music room in the palace, running past a few of the staff, who looked at me with a very frightful look.

I get to the music room to see Reinette looking out of the window. I clear my throat so I could get her attention. She looks at me, and gets a puzzled look.

She goes to say something but I interrupt her, "Reinette. Please, don't say anything. I don't have a lot of time. I am only here to warn you that they are coming. And it won't be long until they're here."