The Way She Dreams

"Where the hell have you two been?!" Rose yelled at the two of us.

The Doctor was the first to speak up, "Honest to God, we were exploring the TARDIS and ended up taking a trip to space. We tried to come back just a second after we left, but someone got the coordinates wrong."

"Excuse me! I am perfectly capable of piloting my own TARDIS, so there is no need to patronize me. There must've been something wrong with the TARDIS, like it almost didn't want me to come back for whatever reason." I said, hopefully providing some sort of explanation to Rose, who was still absolutely furious that we had left her cold and shivering on the street corner.

"I'm so sorry Rose, we honestly are." the Doctor says to her.

"I'm just absolutely furious as to why you two would have the audacity to go on a trip without me, when I've known the Doctor for longer! You two have left me out in the cold, shivering, having to tell people I'm waiting for my partner who I didn't even know at that point if he would even return! I thought that you had left me in the dust, like I was some human garbage that you just liked to use and throw away." Rose said, tears streaming down her face.

Lets just say my hearts broke. I didn't mean to come back so late. But a part of my head wants to say that I shouldn't feel bad for leaving. After all, he is the last Time Lord other than me, and for us to catch up was very important in building our relationship. But on the other hand, we did leave her out to dry.

"I'm honestly so sorry Rose." I said, "I could make it up to you, would you fancy a trip with us?"

Rose sniffles and wipes her tears. She nods and the Doctor and I look at each other.

"Honest to God, there must be something wrong with my TARDIS. I've never had a problem with the coordinates. Can we use your TARDIS for the time being and I can work on my TARDIS when we get back?" I whispered to the Doctor.

"Absolutely. We can figure it out together." he said back.

"Figure out what together?" Rose asked, "And what sort of language is she speaking? I thought that the TARDIS could translate any language."

"Rose, she's speaking Gallifreyan. She was saying that we are going to use my TARDIS until we can figure out what is wrong with her ship. The TARDIS can translate every language, except Gallifreyan. The language of the Time Lords was to only be spoken amongst Time Lords, so they didn't risk wanting to allow other people to translate what we were saying. This is mainly because we carry such sensitive information that it would be really bad if they got ahold of it." he said honestly. Rose seemed satisfied with his response. 

Well, there goes my next project. He is right, maybe other people shouldn't be able to translate our language.

We walked over to his TARDIS, which is still stuck in the 1960s police box form. I asked if he wanted me to fix it, but he said that he grew really fond of it, and that he didn't seem to want to budge, so I didn't bother.

Walking into his TARDIS was just, something else. He had a coral theme to his center room, and it really suited his personality. Personally, it was too organic for me, so I went with a more mechanical and golden theme. Regardless, he has a Type 40 Mark I TT Capsule TARDIS, so he essentially has a sports car of a Time Travel Capsule compared to some of the lower quality types of time travel such as the SIDRAT (Space and Inter-Dimensional Robot All-purpose Transporter) or a Vortex Manipulator. I admired the console and the Doctor was just leaning on one of the coral pillars that were in the room.

Rose went down into her room to change for our next adventure, and the Doctor and I started talking about how his ship differed from my ship. I went down into the lower level of the console and I played around with some of the circuits. I saw the coordination circuit and I saw that a few of the wires have come loose.