The Way She Shares

"You really want to know?"

"Mel, I was always thinking about you. I could never mention you to anybody else because I knew that you would be long gone. I thought you perished with the planet." the Doctor said, smile fading away as he thought back to the Time War. The dreaded and horrible Time War.

"I was shot. I wasn't looking behind me and they shot me. I went into the TARDIS and transported myself to Earth so I could regenerate. Ended up brunette, fancy that." Mel explained, "But in order to do that I had to let the TARDIS charge on a sealed scar from a rift in time. Took about 50 years, but I did some travelling around the Earth. Easy to get around with a psychic paper and a sonic probe. Well, ever since the pilot fish destroyed it. Little buggers.

"Anyway, so I was able to travel around the Earth until I saw Rose and her friend. Ricky? Mickey? Something like that. But I heard them mention a TARDIS. At first I didn't believe them, but I followed them. All of a sudden they started shooting at them, so I took them and ran to her place. That's when I saw you. You were still in the process of regeneration, so I explained to them what's happening. Saved them from a robot tree.

"Then I left. I left because I couldn't bear to see you so vulnerable. Plus I knew I would see you in the future. Plus my TARDIS was ready. It was perfect timing in my opinion. I saw the Sycorax ship in the sky and decided that I wanted to check it out. I saw you come out of your own TARDIS, which nice retro look by the way, and I figured out the blood control. You didn't recognize me at first. It must've been the regeneration brain.

"I saw you fight too, which makes me ask you. Where did you learn to do that? Might I say it could use some work." Mel explained.

The Doctor stared at her in awe. He loved it when she told stories and rambled. It was very soothing to hear her voice again, even if it wasn't the same voice. He still liked her.

"Excuse me?" Mel said.

"Did I just say that out loud?"

"No, but it's kinda funny how your face scrunches up after every time I ramble."

They both laughed and sipped their drinks.

"I think it's hilarious how we've only met after fifty years of you being on Earth, I mean I've been roaming all over the Earth for the past couple centuries." the Doctor said.

"I've been keeping it on the low. Defeating a couple species in the United States. I like it there. Very, shooty. And aloof. Reminds me of home in a crude and rude way." Mel said. "Education system is bogus though, I had to substitute teach this science class one day in the high school and they looked at me like I had three heads and twelve eyes!"

The Doctor laughed, "Yeah, I've never taught in a school before. Maybe I will someday, just for a laugh."

"Well, I'll tell you right away that some of the teachers don't even know what they're talking about! This one teacher claimed that there was no such thing as aliens, and of course I had to hold myself back. Because Americans can be so cheeky, and I don't want to end up on an experimenter's table."

"No, I suppose not. It's not the greatest feeling in the world." the Doctor said, thinking back to the past regeneration where humans operated on him but he ended up regenerating because the surgery went terribly wrong.

"Yeah, well I'm glad I don't have to deal with that anymore. Now I can get off this planet, maybe visit Clom again."

The Doctor looked at her, "No, that's a bad idea, I may or may not have gotten on their bad side and now they want to kill me."

"What did you ever do to them?"

"Nothing, I just looked at the princess."

Mel giggled, "Well that was a mistake, you should know the culture by now!"