The Way She Chooses

My eyes fluttered open, and I look around my room. I feel a weight around my waist and I came to the conclusion that the Doctor still had his arm around my waist. I shift around to face the Doctor and I see that he is still asleep. His mouth open and soft whispers of breathing can be heard. When I shifted around, attempting to get out of the bed, he tightened his grip subconsciously so that I am very close to his chest. I do have to admit, he is cute when he sleeps. Very innocent. I don't mean to be creepy about that either. I was still wide eyed about what was happening.

I feel him stir in his sleep and then his eyes finally open up. He registers what is happening and then goes wide eyed. He lets go of me and stumbles out of bed, nearly hitting the ground. He stands straight up and is yelling out apologies.

"Oh my goodness, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I don't know what happened. One minute I was awake and next minute that happened. How did that... wait..." he rambled out.

"I used telepathic compulsion, but that was my mistake. I forgot to bring you to your room first. I tried to be courteous and keep as far away from you as possible, but I guess you sort off..." I trailed off, looking away as a brush rose up in my cheeks.

The Doctor rubs the back of his head with his hand, "I'm sorry, I guess I didn't know what I was doing. I'm sorry."

"It's fine." I said quietly. Secretly, I kind of liked it.

The Doctor excuses himself and leaves my room and heads to his own. I took it upon me to go to the Wardrobe and grab our clean pairs of clothing. My TARDIS is so nice to do our laundry, it was absolutely fantastic of her. I walked out of the Wardrobe room and up to our rooms. I went into my room first and put on my pair of dark jeans and my leather jacket. I decided to wear the same black t-shirt as I slept last night, considering it was still clean. I went to the bathroom and I pulled my hair back into a pony-tail, leaving a few strands hanging out of the band. I brush my teeth and then put a small bit of lip gloss on, just to get rid of chapped lips.

I go back into my room and I pick up the Doctor's clothing which was neatly folded in a pile and I walked over to his bedroom, which happened to be right next to mine. I went up to the dorr and took a deep breath before knocking on the police box blue wooden door. I hear a small "come in" and I open up his door to reveal him sitting on his bed with his hand in his lap. I see that the TARDIS made his room based off of his personality. The walls were a bright blue and pictures of what I can assume what was his previous regenerations on his wall. I look and see a picture of Arcadia, standing in the sunlight of the twin suns and the snow capped mountains in the background.

"Are you doing alright?" I asked the Doctor. He still had his head in his hands.

"Yeah, just a little embarrassed." he mumbled through his hands.

I sat down next to him, "Well, I brought you some clean clothing. The TARDIS was nice enough to wash them for you. They smelled atrocious. I can assume that the stuff that was in your pockets is in the console room."

He grabs the clothes out of my hands and mumbles a 'thank you' and I stand up to get out of his room. Out of nowhere, he grabs my wrist.

"Mel?"
"Yes?" I said.

"There's something I need to tell you." he said. My hearts jump a beat.

"What is it? You know you can tell me anything." I said. He stands up. He is about half a foot taller than me, but he comes up to me and looks down. I swallow.

"I know, but it has been on my mind since I was eight years of age." he says, and looked into my eyes, "It's hard for me to tell you this. I didn't know that you were alive until a couple days ago. I thought that I would be roaming this universe alone until the day I die. I thought that even if there was somebody out there who was Time Lord, that it would never be the same if it wasn't you."