Harry

I woke up earlier than I planned, my alarm clock showing it was 4:56 A.M, I wasn't planning on getting up till around 5:30. Way earlier than I needed to be yet not enough time to get a reasonable amount of sleep if I go back to bed, i'll probably get woken up the second I fall asleep.

I turn to my side and look out of the glass door to the balcony. The sun was just barely coming up, no sight of it yet but the sky was starting to become a brighter blue, telling the world that it is on its way.

I figured with my time I had about half an hour to do what I please before heading to the shop, it felt sort of overwhelming, the day hasn't started so I could do anything but that seems like a lot of effort.

I grabbed the latest book I was reading off my nightstand, still open as I was reading it just last night. Turning my nightstand table lamp on creating a yellow glow on the pages.

As the time passed I slowly became bored of my book and found my attention was starting to wander off, even though I tried my best to keep it on the book, i'd fail every time.

I looked out my balcony window, the sun already starting to pop up. A yellow glow was shining behind the buildings across the street, shadows painted across the road.

Slowly I got out of my bed and fixed myself a cup of tea in the kitchen before heading outside onto my balcony to enjoy the sunrise. I could sit and watch it for hours, there's something about the way the sky changes colours that is so mesmerizing to me.

Lost in my head and spending to much time in my own thoughts I forgot to keep tabs on the time. I quickly turn back to see my alarm clock which showed 5:49.

"Shit"

I whisper yell to myself, how could I forget about this, luckily I thought a bit ahead incase of a moment like this and showered the night before, now all I need to do is get ready and somehow cut my 5 minute walk to the shop in half in order to get there by six with hopefully even a little time to spare.

"This is just great Harry, let's sit outside and look at the sky, doesn't that sound like such a good plan"

I say sharply to myself, my own words annoying me. How could I be so stupid?!

Quickly I put on my shoes, grabbing my keys and rush out of my apartment.

Once I got outside I looked down at my watch or more so my fathers watch. The time is 5:57, i'm definitely not going to make my original plans for the day happen, i'll have to reschedule that.

I start to jog down the street which probably looks odd to the people who are awake and outside, i'm wearing vans which are not very comfortable shoes to run in along with flared jeans, a shirt and a cardigan, in no world would a person decide to go jogging looking like I do right now.

Once I reach the shop I struggle with the keys for a minute or so. Looking down at my watch while trying to unlock the door I see it's exactly 6:00, at least I made it on time. This means I have just fifteen minutes to get the shop ready, no pressure.

I changed the water and checked the health of each flower, watered every single one that is still potted and put some of the older flower bouquets on the half off shelf.

Once I had finished I had just one minute to spare, this time I watched the clock in hopes as to not loose time again. I stared at it as the clock above the entry door strikes quarter six so I switch the sign in the window over to read "open!".

The first few customers were all people who have come in here at some point or another. There was an elderly man buying flowers for his wife just as a kind gesture , and a younger man buying for his girlfriend for their anniversary, its moments like these that working in a flower shop makes me extremely aware of how almost disappointingly lonely I actually am in the romance world.

There was another couple who had a baby shower coming up and wanted flowers to decorate and a father who came in with his young daughter to buy her some roses. These are the moments that make up for that lonely feeling, but of course there are the bad moments like when someone comes in for flowers for a dying loved one or for the grave of someone they lost, luckily that has not happened yet today.

I hear the bell from the door ring, I look up to see who walked in, a lady, but all I could see was the back of her. She doesn't look like anyone i've seen in here before. I start to walk up to her, almost like my feet had a mind of their own and ask if she needs help with anything and that's when she turned around to look at me.

Wow.