Rosaline

I turn around to whom I assume owns the shop and right away my attention is caught by their eyes. A green of many shades that blended perfectly together, i've never seen eyes quite that green.

"um yes, yes you can"

I stutter out, breaking from my haze, not even putting thought into the words I said. A awkward silence fell over the shop, only this man and I in it.

What did I come in here for again?

"Do you want to tell me what you need help with? It makes the whole process of helping a lot easier"

he smirks, dimples showing in his cheeks and that same accent. I could feel my cheeks heating up from embarrassment, I still couldn't remember what I came to grab. I'm just staring at him and even though I want to look away, I can't.

"You're not from here"

I blurt out. God i'm stupid, no one just tells someone where they have come from. I could see it in his face my statement caught him by surprise, he was still smiling but it faded, his eyebrows furrowed trying to understand what I was talking about and honestly, I don't even have an answer for that.

"oh damn, is my alien form showing?!"

he leaned in and whisper yelled in my ear, I could smell his cologne. Pulling away he pretends to be worried,looking around to make sure no one can see him, he could sense the awkwardness from my statement and he is trying to defuse it from the environment.

"Just a tad"

I respond to him, pinching my fingers to give an example of how much. He laughs at my response, clear to me that he was glad I was playing along instead of thinking he's crazy.

"No you're right, I grew up in England, I only moved here a couple years ago, besides you don't sound like you're from here yourself"

he smiles, his tone telling urging me to tell him in response where i'm from.

"You caught me"

I say, holding my hands up, the smile growing more at this gesture, a slight laugh falling from his lips, almost too hushed for me to hear.

"I grew up in NYC, i've only just recently moved here around a month ... and a half ago"

he nods as if he already knew and was telling me I was right.

"So, what did you come in here for"

he asks me, changing the subject and leaning against the wall closest to him, crossing his leg in front of the other and crossing his arms loosely over his chest.

"Flowers-"

"You came to the right place"

he cuts me off throwing his hands up laughing.

"lucky for you I think I might just have some flowers here"

he points his finger at me, laughing to himself and I laugh along with him. I catch a glimpse of the clock, Grandma is going to be expecting me any minute, have I really been here that long?

"shit"

I interrupt. My sudden cursing making him stand up straight, concern plastered across his face.

"Sorry, i'm running late and I have to get going"

I tell him brushing past him on my way to the shop door, sincerity laced in my voice.

"No ya you get going, maybe next time if you ever do come down again, you'll know what you want"

he smiles, showing that it was all in a joking matter. I smile back to him as he walks behind the counter. I then push the door and walk faster than I had before.

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

"No Grandma, I don't even know his name, we just had a laugh"

Once I got to Grandmas house I told her about what happened today including the flower shop and since then she doesn't want to talk about anything else.

"All I am saying is in my day, we would practically be getting married the following day to come"

she says, dropping sugar into her tea and raising her eyebrows at me.

"Well, you're days are known for a lot of questionable choices"

I reply leaning back into the soft sofa, sipping my tea while she looks at me with an amused look.

"he's just the florist"

I say. That's right, that's all he is to me.

The florist.