Rosaline

I woke up to the sounds of whining and knocking on the front door, definitely not as pleasant as bird noises or soft rain. Shit, what time is it. I grab my phone off the bedside table. 12:37, there is also 3 message notifications from Harry. Shit shit shit shit shit. I tell myself mentally, getting up and going through my drawer looking for a pair of pants to throw on.

That's probably Harry knocking on the door and I look like a mess, granted he is a bit early so that is on him. All I am wearing is an old rolling stones t-shirt and shorts that are a bit too short. I throw on the first pair of jeans I see and walk out of my room. Taking my hair out of the bun I slept in, hoping that will make me look more presentable.

I walk through the apartment, heading to the door, seeing that Aster is sitting right in front of it, begging to see what is on the other side. Again I hear three knocks. I open up the door to see nobody there. What the fuck.

"Hello??"

I say while Harry pokes his head out in front of the door from the side, he was leaning against the wall so of course I didn't see him.

"Hey"

he gives a little wave to me, Aster instantly jumping up on his leg the second he came into view, clearly excited to see him again.

"Hello boy"

Harry bends down to pick him up, holding him against his chest.

"Thank you for this"

Harry says to me, flashing a smile that could of taken me out right there. I swear he has the prettiest smile i've ever seen.

"Of course"

I shrug, reaching out to pet Aster goodbye, he instantly nudges his head into my hand. I can see harry from the side of my view smiling at my action. Between the adorable puppy in front of me or the man holding him, I could melt right there.

"Well we better get going then shouldn't we"

Harry tells Aster, Adjusting him to sit up higher. In response Aster licks under his chin. I don't know if I want Harry or his dog more.

He starts to back up, holding up Asters paw to wave goodbye, the action making my heart flutter. I wave goodbye in return and slowly shut the door, silence washing over my apartment.

I start to walk away, feeling more then ready to get a shower until I heard another couple knocks at my door. Once again I open my front door, this time showing Leo and Sofia.

"What was purse boy doing here"

She asks me, inviting herself into my apartment, Leo following after her. Most people would find this rude but my home is their home and it's the same for them, they still knock at least.

"How would you even know he was here"

I ignore the question and ask them one instead. I close the door to see Leo holding out a box of donuts, wanting me to take one to which I gladly accept.

"Well I went out to grab some mail and I saw flower boy knocking on the door, I don't think he saw me though"

Leo shrugs, placing down the box of donuts on my table after grabbing one for himself. Flower boy and Purse boy... very interesting nicknames.

"He does have a name"

I tell them, sitting down on my couch, pulling my knees up to my chest making myself comfortable. I took a bite from the donut, it was plain glazed, simple but still my favourite. It was still very warm.

"Stop ignoring the question"

Sofia pokes my leg.

"I was just watching his puppy overnight for him"

I shrug, trying not to make it obvious that other things happened while he dropped them off.

"THERE WAS A PUPPY HERE"

Leo jumps up, of course he was excited, he is a veterinarian so any word of an animal makes him act like a kid in a sugar rush.

"You were working last night"

I tell him, he wouldn't of seen Aster very long and besides he probably saw plenty of puppies to make up for it.

"still"

He waves his arms around, he looked insane if I was being completely honest. He sits back down, faking signs of defeat.

"you'll survive"

Sofia tells him, patting his leg while looking at me, jokingly rolling her eyes.

"if you ever have to watch that puppy again, you tell me if you are"

He says sternly, pointing at me like he was telling a child off for bad behaviour. I just laugh in response. Honestly I don't know if i'm ever going to have to watch Aster again, I hope I will though.

"So, why are you the one watching his dog"

Sofia asks smirking and raising her eyebrows, clearly implying something.

"I went in the shop, he needed help and I offered"

I say, trying to sound as chilled out as I can.

"Is that the only help you gave him"

Leo joked, wiggling his eyebrows. I choke on the piece of donut I had been eating.

"Yes"

I lie, trying to keep a straight face but I could see Sofia looking at me, a small smile on her face. She knows. If there was one person who could tell when I am lying, it's her, but like a good friend, she didn't say anything.

Just great...