Harry

I watched her talk to this man from across the store, for some reason all I could feel was jealousy, I don't even know this lady or this man, why do I feel like this?

Suddenly that same man starts to panic, what is going on?

Shit, she's walking towards the counter, now I am the one who is panicking. I can feel my hands get sweaty against the cold countertop.

"Hello, is that all"

I ask, surprisingly sounding more normal than I thought I would. She looks up and smiles, God she has a pretty smile. Soft and it effects her whole faces emotions but still it isn't too much.

"Ya, I think so"

she responds, placing the bouquet of flowers on the counter softly. No wedding ring. Now what the fuck man, what am I doing? She is just some random girl, I don't even know her name, a wedding ring is the last thing I should worry about.

I take the flowers and scan them, the silence around us growing more and more uncomfortable and the air heavier. Say something damn it.

"So, you and your boyfriend make a nice couple"

Shit, I sound like an idiot. She starts to laugh, great now I am an idiot. I can feel my cheeks start to heat up.

"No he's not-, I don't have-, he's a friend"

She says. "I don't have", that statement making my heart skip a beat. Please tell me she means a boyfriend, please tell me that's what she meant so I at least don't feel so bad for having her on my mind this past day.

"Oh"

I say in response, that's it? That's your big move, "oh". A second grader could come up with a better sentence, hell that wasn't even a sentence. What can I say, What can I do? I've made this situation even more awkward than before.

Her name, there's something I can ask, but how do I bring it up? I look at the pile of small cards sitting there, could it work?

"Here can you sign your name on the card, it's just for the person receiving the flowers"

I say sliding a pen and a card along with it across the counter.

"Oh, well... I'm just buying the flowers for my friend, for his fiancé he just had to run out, I could take the card and he could sign it"

"Ya that works"

I say, shit, that backfired.

"On the topic of names, I notice you don't have a name tag and it seems like no one else works here, do you own the place or something"

She asks, placing the flowers gently into the tote bag she is carrying.

"Uh ya I do, most people that come in already know my name though"

I reply to her, putting a smile onto my face.

"Okay, that makes sense than. So what is your name, so I know when I come back in"

she states. "When I come back in" not "if" but "when".

"Harry"

I answer, holding out my hand for her to shake. I really hope she takes it, i've already embarrassed myself enough and this would be the death of me, but she takes it, thank God.

Her hands are soft, really soft and warm, her fingers grazing against my own. I can feel butterflies setting off in my belly.

"Rosaline"

she says, taking my hand and shaking it.