"staring at the stars"

fluff

Rougefort pov

as I grabbed the turquoise gem from the display, I quickly jumped out the window and viewed the gem "what a splendid beauty this is! time to add this to my collection~" I said as admire the gem. "your not going to get away this easily rougefort." as I turned around, I saw the detective, detective almond. "oops! looks like we have some problem!" I saw as I turned around smirking at him. he had such a intense gaze. sometimes I wonder how he deal with me. "your under arrest for stealing multiple time!" he said in a stern tone. "well if you want to arrest me, you gotta catch me first!" I said running away to a random direction of a building. as I kept running, I was thinking, is he tired of me yet-? I been running away from him for years but... the true thing is I been having a lot of interest with almond... like my stomach is about to explode whenever I saw his face. I never knew what the feeling was before, but after a bit of looking into it, it seems like I have fallen in love with the detective... as I ran up the building. I found myself on the roof, trying to collect my thought. I heard almond say "you have the right to remain silence!"he said as he pulled out his hand cuffs. *as I looked down at the floor. I realized something. i'm the one who's making almond do this, if I haven't did anything and would had just been so obsessed with the attention. he would had have an easier job and less stress. as I glanced at the gem, almond spoke up "what are you going to do? run away again?" he said while I was rethinking my choices. I take a deep breath and spoke up "hey almond-?" I turned around and faced him. I could see how confused he was by the way he was looking at me, not running away. "what are you planning to do?" he asked while still holding the handcuffs, I stared at him for a good second before asking "a-are you sick of me..?" I said while clutching the gem in one hand again he looked at me with a confused expression as I sat down. and stared at him. he joined me and he sat down and I smile, a soft one, I could feel his confused gaze on me.

almond pov

I was beyond confused about the question they asked me as I joined them, I could see a smile on his face, a different one. I felt confused on why they stopped in his track and basically gave up. as I took why time to rethink the question I just asked "why'd you ask?" I said while staring at them. "u-uh-" they paused for a bit and we stayed there in awkward silence while looking very nervous, as we sat there staring at the stars, I could tell that they was very uncomfortable by the way they was shifting a lot. so I decided to spoke up. "such a beautiful night don't you think?" I said while looking back at them. they looked back at me and said "mhm. there like the jewels in the stores." they respond as they shift closer to me without noticing. as we stare at the stars and talked about our interest for about a hour and a half until I heard soft snoring. I turned to rougefort sleeping on my shoulder. I stare at them for a while before wrapping in my coat and picked them up. as we arrived to my. house. I set him down on my bed, went to change my clothes, I saw that rougefort had the jewel and took it, 'I'll return it on the morning. I Gotta keep it in a safe place though' I thought to myself as I hid in a shelf and sat on the bed as I stared at rougefort and went to bed without thinking about the fact that they and I were on the same bed

(hello! this is my first time writing a story so I hope this isn't too bad ^^ I love writing and decided to try! anyways here's a bonus XD)

~bonus~

almond pov

"DAD!!!!" I heard walnut say as I got up from the bed and I saw that rougefort wasn't in the bed. I turned around and saw walnut outside my door. "dad there's a criminal in our house!" she says pointing to the kitchen. i picked her up and went to the kitchen to see rougefort tied up on the kitchen chair and him still being tired. I sighed and put her down. as they lift his head up and saw me, he smiled. "ah almond! may you untie me..?" they asked smiling, I turned to walnut and told her to go to her room. she did and I untied them. "thank you almond! I guess see you later?" they said and I nodded as I smiled. they smirked and as I blinked. they was gone and I saw a letter on the table, as I opened the letter, a smile creep up my face. "dear detective thank you for letting me have you coat! I say it is quite comfortable, thank you for the other night! I had quite a lot of fun, I hope to see you later!

from rougefort"

I smiled and went to my room to get a new coat, then I realized I still needed to return the gem, I got ready and did my normal routine. including returning the gem.