"sleeping mid-chase"

this is more of a family moment lol but there will be a bit of shipping in the bonus part!

third-person pov (I am so sorry that I forgot rougefort pronouns I was being dumb ;-;)

Rougefort was running away from the two detective while holding another valuable jewel and the two detective. walnut and almond was chasing them. what didn't didn't know was that this night was going to be different as walnut and almond were tired out and didn't knew what they were getting themselves into.

rougefort pov

As I was running away, I realized that almond and walnut seemed to be more tired than usual. how can I blame them. of course they would be busy with all the detective cases, as I kept running. I heard a thump, as I turned around I saw almond face down on the ground with walnut on top him. I was shocked because this never happened before. as I walked towards them carefully. I lifted almond head slightly to see them asleep. I sighed as I picked up walnut first but then struggled to pick almond up due to the fact that I have to carry two person at a time, as I put walnut on one of my arm and almond on the other. I thought to myself. 'these two don't sleep!?' as I walked to almond home, trying not to get caught. when I arrived, I fiddled with my cape for a bit while having walnut in one of my hand and unlocked the door needless to say, I had a rough time trying to open the door. I looked at almond house in amazement, the house was warm and cozy. the living room was sorta neat even though there were some paperworks on the table and some toys scattered around. it was cozy to say the least. I set almond on the couch and pulled a blanket over him. as I explored the house. I found walnut room and opened the door. her room was scattered with even more toys and I saw a notebook that said "walnut dairy" I chuckled as I put walnut in her bed and tucked her in. I picked up the dairy and stared at it before putting it back in a desk drawer. I wasn't going to snoop into it because I didn't wanted to seem strange. I looked around her room and realized how messy her room was and then I decided I would clean it up! this house is cozy and I needed to make sure the police was no longer on my track plus I can't stand a messy room. when I was done cleaning the room which did not take very long. I left a letter on her desk before turning off the light to go off to see if there was any other room that needed cleaning. I went to the living room to see a still sleeping almond. as I walked closer to him, I carried him once again trying to find his room. once I found his room, I opened the door. seems like the two detective didn't know how to clean there rooms because almond desk was scattered with paper works everywhere and a lot of coffee cups as well. as I put almond on his bed and tuck him in once again. I started pick up the coffee cups and threw them in the trash can. a detective needs a clean room so i'm here to clean it up. after I finished cleaning up. which took about a hour and a half. considering how big his room is and how it was littered with coffee cups and paperworks. I looked around the room to see what I have done. the paperworks were stacked up nicely in a neat pile, there was no coffee cups in trace and I might have added some things because there was a clock in there as well as a watch on the table to be a present from when he wakes up, the watch was gold and I remembered clearly that it was a watch that I had since my childhood and I kept it for a very long time. as I finished checking out the room. I looked up the clock to see that it was almost 8. I thought to myself that I might clean up the house before leaving and that I did! I also cooked some breakfast for them because when I checked the fridge, It was almost empty. as I set the pancakes door and went to open the door. I heard a cough as I turned around to see the two detective away and standing in front of me. shoot what do I do.. "hello rougefort" almond said. I panic inside as I was unsure what to do, walnut came to me and made me kneel down, she whispered. "you didn't look into my dairy did you..?" I smiled and shook my head "I would never do that to a child, everyone needs there own space once and a while" she smiled and backed off. "why did you did all of this..?" almond asked clearly confused. "well as you can see detective. after you guys fainted, I brought you guys to your own house, trust me it was hard trying to get in while you have two people in your arm but I managed, and I did this because you guys deserved a well-earned break so I cleaned your house- don't worry the watch wasn't stolen and the breakfast is fresh on the table now if you excuse me I might have to go-" walnut held on to my cape "no! after everything you done for us you're not going anywhere until we paid you back!" she said trying to make me go further from the door. I sighed and walked away from the door, walnut smiled and dragged me to the kitchen table as she made me sit down. they made we eat some breakfast and walnut dragged me in her room. for the rest of the day was very eventful. the first time I didn't steal, walnut kept talking to me and we played dress up. welp most of the time we talked about walnut school and she slipped up and said something about a crush she liked. It took her a hot second to noticed before she was a blushing mess,I told her I wouldn't tell anyone and I assure her that her secret was safe with me. at about 8 pm I told her I had to leave and she begged me to stay "come on! can't just stay for a bit more!" she said while doing puppy dog eyes, I sighed and said "come on walnut I have to go plus I might visit next time!" I said patting her head "fine... BUT YOU PROMISED ALRIGHT!?" she said hugging me. I smiled "promised now alright lets get you to bed!" I said scooping her up and spinning around, she giggled as I set her back down and told her to changed into her pjs, after that I tucked her into her bed but as I went to leave the room, she spoke up. "can you stay with me" I turned around and smiled. "of course." I said as I sat on the bed and watched her while she try to sleep. at one point I also fell asleep and almond had to shake me awake "pst wake up rougefort." I woke up rubbing my eyes and saw almond. "you can leave if you want to now, walnut is asleep." I nodded as I got off her bed and went to the door. I turned around and smiled "see you soon detective~" I said as I opened the door and left. disappearing into the night.

(SECOND PART HOLY LORD TvT now have a bonus :>)

~bonus~ almond pov

as I shook rougefort awake, they woke up tired and I said that they can leave if they wanted to. they got up and walked up to the door. they turned around and smiled "see you soon detective~" they said before running out the door, disappearing into the night. I smiled, blushing slightly and said "see you too dear." i closed the door and went back to my room to sleep.