"Snow day"

(I love this song so much >:D I have decided to bless you with the song lol its really good :D anyways back to the story!)

almond pov

As I was sitting on my chair while solving a case, all of a sudden I heard walnut squealing. I sighed and went to the kitchen to see walnut staring with her best friend, creampuff at the window. "alright what's all that noise about?" I said while walnut came up to be excited and pointed out the window. "Its snowing!! that means no school!" she said jumping up and down. I smiled and asked. "would you like to play in the snow for a bit? I can come if you want." she nodded excited as my smile widen. "alright go change walnut." I saw while she rushes in her room and creampuff who sat on the couch, she already have winter clothing on so I wasn't concern about her being cold. I went over and putted on my coat. when walnut came out, she was dressed in warm winter clothing. I smiled as I got my keys and other stuff, It was nice to have a break from all the cases once and a while. as we went outside the snow was falling down gently while the kids started jump on the snow that was on the ground. soon enough the snow on the ground increased and the wind became a little bit stronger but that didn't mind any of us. "Almond!" I heard a voice say as I turned around to see latte, madeleine,espresso and rougefort. I smiled as I waved over to them. they rushed over and latte spoke up "so you finally decided to take a break?" she asked while rougefort was adjusting their winter hat. "yeah I decided it would be nice to hang out with the kids and watch over them" I said while latte smiled "that's wonderful! I just got this brother of mine to take a break as well with the help of Madeline!" she said as she patted espresso shoulder (yes I like to think of them as sibling XD) I chuckled as espresso groaned and Madeline smiled widen to the point I don't even think it was possible as we all started chatting the snow stopped but the kids were too busy playing with the snow. rougefort went to play make sure the kids were safe but all of a sudden a snowball came at me and I looked back to see rougefort chuckling. I picked up some snow and aimed it at Madeline. then all of a sudden a whole snowball fight broke out. even the kids were joining. me and rougefort were laughing as we basically scattered grounds and the amount of snowball there were, was insane. "this is so fun!" rougefort said while still flinging snowballs. I chuckled as well while flinging snowballs. at one point we were ask tired and we went to latte place. as we took off our coats. I noticed rougefort was shaking a bit but I shrugged it off as the children were talking me and the others also were talking. at this point I noticed rougefort was still shivering so I scooted right next to them and pretended like I did nothing. rougefort looked at me and smiled as we went back to talking, at one point it got super late. we went to grab our coat but then rougefort couldn't find theirs. we started searching for it but couldn't find it. I could hear rougefort sighed as they spoke up "guys its hopeless we looked all around the house. guess I'll just get a new one-" I cut them off "but your going to be freezing out there" I said worried as walnut put her coat back on and agreed. "its not like I can stay at latte place forever, plus its not that big of a deal." they said as they opened the door and stepped out. they began shivering as I had enough and put my coat on him. "I'm not letting you freeze to death rouge." I said in a stern tone. "but what about you-" they said as I cut them off. "I'm going to be fine but you in the other hand looks like your going to freeze to death. plus did you not think I noticed how much you were shivering" I said while rougefort sighed basically giving up. "fine fine. don't complain to me when you get a cold." they said while rolling there eyes. "nah you won't be hearing me complaining." I said as I picked up walnut and we said our farewells, I do say that my coat was a bit big on them but I find that adorable.

(AYEEEEEE HERE'S A BONUSSSSS)

rougefort pov

As I went into the manor. I lit the fireplace that was in there and sat there in silence. normally in the cheese house manor there's normally no life in here and I hate it. I use to rob things and that would bring be joy due to the fact that there was so much excitement! now I sit near a fireplace dying of boredom. as lord crumble laid on my leg peacefully I looked back at almond coat which I was still wearing. I smiled and got up carrying lord crumble. I went to my own bed and laid there. I took off almond coat and pretended that almond was next to me sleeping peacefully. I closed my eye and smiled at the memories of us having that snowball fight outside. right now I may not have all the riches I stole because almond took them away and returned them but I don't have a single regret making that truce with him. my life has been a lot more peaceful and I'm not always on the run. the man is nice once you get to know him better and everything has been doing great for me. I can't wait till I see more new doors open up to me.