Prologue

Cale felt so exhausted, he felt so done. He tried to survive to not bring shame to the sacrifices that his family had made for him. But he just wanted to rest. What good is life when you have already lost hope? What good is a life filled with never-ending loneliness that refuses to let go of your entire being? He was an anomaly, an existence that shouldn't have survived. A nuisance in everybody's life. He was so tired that he just wants to sleep... And sleep he does.

Kim Rok Soo never experienced love from a family. He lived most of his life relying on himself. He survived through shrill will and never ending determination to continue living. Even when he found no happiness in doing so, he continued to strive. When the apocalypse happened, he didn't hesitate to run and flee. He didn't hesitate to survive in a world where God himself abandoned them. A world filled with monsters that will not hesitate to end your pitiful life. He strived and survived, but in the end, he saw no happiness, even though he met true friends, because at the end, they too were gone, and the whole in his heart still remains.

So what happens when a God decides to give them what he thinks is best for them? So give he does, with a price, of course. But who says that both must carry that burden? One can, and God knows that this individual is willing to do so, and, of course, who is he to refuse such a selfless and entertaining gesture? In the end, it was for his own amusement; after all, wasn't he the one who helped them? At least pay up. Nothing is free in this cruel world.