Chapter 6: Acknowledgement

'Thoughts'

Cale wanted his father to fall in love with Ms. Violan again.

He wants his father to be happy again. Of course, that also includes Kim, Ms. Violan, Basen, and, in the future, Lily.

That's why he would make sure they were both well adjusted, happy, and as lovey-dovey as a couple could be.

Or well... that was the plan.

"Father, why don't we visit the--"

"No, Cale"

"But-"

"No buts please, I don't understand what you see with Ms. Violan." Deruth really can't see why his children like her so much. All he saw was a very strict and cold woman who would always glare at him.

"Father, Ms. Violan is a very kind woman, and her son Basen is a very sweet child." defended Cale

"Aren't they, Kim?" He asked his brother, waiting for the support that he was fully expecting.

"..."

Anytime now.

"..."

'Hm?"

"..."

"Kim?", he asked, turning and seeing his brother asleep.

' Kim! You were supposed to back me up here! "

Cale sighed, "Father, why not give it a try? I bet you would really like Ms. Violan. "

"I'm not so sure..." He saw his father's doubt.

But he didn't give up. He still has his secret weapon, a weapon that people would often call "con-eyes,"

The puppy eyes.

And watching his father melt. He knows that he won this battle. "... Fine"

"Great! Tomorrow let's go meet them! "

"Hm? Cale, when did yo-?

"I already invited them to come here for a picnic."

"Cale? This is the first time I've heard thi-"

"Basen wanted to see what the garden looked like too."

In the end, everything was settled with Deruth, who just gave up. He knew that his eldest could be quite a stubborn person with the right drive and his youngest... well, he noticed how he seemed quite distant to him for some reason.

'Is it his rebellious stage?' He thought quite worriedly. (A/N: NO, YOU DELUSIONAL MAN!)

___________________________________________________