Chapter 9: Invitation

'Thoughts'

It has been a few months since the wedding, and everything has been quite peaceful.

'This is what slacking feels like' Kim thought as he was laying down in the soft grass, enjoying the breeze with two of his family beside him.

Cale and Basen

They were both reading a story book.

"Hm? Cale-hyung, what does sca... scaeer ... scamerer mean?"

He could hear the fond chuckle of his brother, "It's slacker Basen, not scammer."

'... Why does it feet like it was directed at him...'

He quickly ignored this thoughts and went back to his nap.

'Yes, he likes this normal peace'

"Young masters"

He bolted up in a sitting position, holding his beating heart and couldn't stop the curse from slipping into his lips, "SHIT!"

"Kim, language!" He turned and apologized to his brother, who was fast enough to cover Basen's ears, who looked at them in confusion.

Before that, he turned to the vicious butler, who clearly looked amused.

'Fucking... haa...' He felt his brother patting his hair in a way to calm him down, which helped a bit.

"Ron, please refrain from doing that. You know that Kim has quite a weak heart," his brother said, looking at Ron with reprimand and slight amusement.

'Cale... I admire you for your bravery to reprimand a professional assassin, but please don't do that again. You might get killed, " he silently thought, looking at his brother with worry.

Who only looked back at him in confusion and amusement.

"My apology, young master. "

"Apology my ass. You don't look sorry at all! This vicious butler haa...' Kim felt like he had just lost 10 years of his life with just the mere presence of the benignly smiling butler.

"The Count asked me to call you three as lunch has been served and it seems that he has something to tell you both."

"Oh, thank you Ron. Shall we go?" His brother looked at him and Basen with a soft expression.

"YES! I'm starving, " Basen quickly stood up, but not before getting the book that he and Cale had just reading.

He just nodded before allowing Basen to drag him and Cale back to their house while Ron followed closely behind.

As they approach the house, he can somewhat feel his slacker life waving goodbye to him.

'... It must be my imagination'

________________________________________

"Hm?" Kim looked at his father as he heard the most dreaded news ever.

The news was that...

They were invited to attend a party and leave the good slacker life they were having in their mansion.

"It's the third prince's own ball that he has recently been planning and it seems that you are both invited to attend it." He could see his father frowning as he looked at the letter of invitation, clearly hesitant.