12

The instant I returned home I looked for Star only to find her fast asleep on my bed.

I rolled my eyes as I laughed softly as I left my room letting her sleep.

I went into the living room turning on the TV to watch the news.

After a while I was getting bored until something made my ears pricked.

King Thorn was on TV.

"I, King Thorn, give up my title to my son, Prince Ash, from this moment Prince Ash shall be known as King Ash of the world."

"There is one more announcement I'd like to make, Beta Blade Shadow is looking for his runaway mate, America Promise Star, if you have any word on her tell us right away, that is all, good day" then the king was gone.

My face had went pale when he announced my name.

Crap now every single shifter will be out to get us I muttered to Promise.

Well let's hope no one tattles on us if they do I'll kill em Promise growled.

I shut off the TV looking out my window when I heard a knock on my door.

I opened it to reveal Sam, Amy, and Adam standing on my front porch.

"Can we talk to you?" Amy asked hopefully. I gave her a curt nod opening the door wider to let them in.

I led them to the living room. I sat down. Once they were seated as well I growled "speak."

"Why didn't you tell us Blade is your mate? Amy blurted.

"Was" I corrected her. "Did he reject you?" Sam asked.

"I rejected him" I answered bluntly. There eyes widened with horror.

"D..did he accept your rejection?" Amy asked bewildered.

"No" I grumbled. "So thats why he's looking for you, because you ran away?" Adam wondered.

I nodded. Before they could ask another question I growled "tell me the truth."

Sam paled. "What truth?" He asked shakily. "You know what I mean" I growled.

Amy, Adam, and Sam all exchanged a scared look.

"Tell. Me. The. Truth" I growled coldly. "T..the truth is, th..that were s..spies for the king, our orders were to spy on the rogues causing trouble" Sam stammered.

My red eyes lit with fury, pain, sadness, and deep betrayal.

I grabbed Sam by the neck, "why? Why would you betray me like that?" I spat.

"Because........."