Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Avril's POV 

It was finally Friday, A.K.A Prom. I was so excited! The one bad thing about it was that Blaise had been avoiding me all week. I could only hope it had something to do with him 'proving' himself to me. I was actually looking forward to what he was going to do. I guess in the back of my mind I had this really romantic scenario all planned out, where Blaise would stand up in front of everyone and ask me to be his girlfriend. But that wouldn't happen; we were talking about Blaise Janx, the notorious bad boy here. He would never go through that much trouble for someone who would most likely just be another fling. 

Thinking that Blaise would do that to me stung, a lot, so I pushed it to the back of my mind and tried to forget it. If that happens...then so be it. 

I woke up that morning and quickly got ready for school. I peeked a few glances at my dress, and every time I did I broke out in a grin. I just wanted the day to go by quickly so Prom would start earlier. 

When I got to school that morning, Blaise wasn't at school. I wondered where he could be, and I guess the confusion showed on my face because when Jace saw me she patted my back. "Wondering where your man is?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows. 

I shook my head and giggled, hitting her arm lightly. I felt my cheeks get warm at what she called Blaise. "No...okay, yes. Where could he be?" I asked, looking around the parking lot and the surrounding area. 

"It's a surprise, but you will definitely see him tonight." A voice said. I recognized it as James, as he wrapped his arms around Jace's waist and kissed her cheek. Aww... 

Jace giggled and blushed slightly. I laughed and said I'd see the cute couple later. I then made my way to my locker, but before I could, I saw Skylar and Jason in the hallway. Skylar looked like she was about to cry, so naturally I ran over to check on her. 

"Sky! What's wrong?" I exclaimed, reaching the two.  

Skylar turned to me, but instead of frowning, she was smiling the widest smile I'd ever seen on her face. "Av! Jason just...he asked me to prom!" 

I squealed (rather embarrassingly) and jumped up and down with her for a second. When I recovered I coughed and said, "I mean...that's great! You guys are so cute together!" I exclaimed, grinning at Jason who was blushing like a rose. 

Sky laughed and hugged me tightly. "Well, I'll see you in class Av!" 

"Yep! Bye you two!" I smiled, and then walked to my locker. 

Fortunately, the rest of the day passed by quickly. I was so excited for prom, and it seemed all of the other seniors were too. All of my teachers gave us free time for all periods, which was awesome. In the classes I had with friends we just goofed off and chatted about how amazing prom is going to be. 

It was just after the last bell rang to end the day, and I raced with Jace to her car. We were going to go to prom together, and then James would take her away as I waited for Blaise or something. He never really asked me to prom so I had no date. "Eep! I AM SO EXCITED!" Jace screamed, quickly putting her car in gear. She peeled out of the parking lot so fast, I think I blinked and missed it. 

"Me too! But calm down Jace or you might kill your car!" I giggled. 

Jace laughed and slowed down a bit, knowing I didn't like cars going too fast. We finally reached her house, and my clothes were already there. We said a quick hello to Jace's mom then sprinted upstairs to her room. There, our dresses and other accessories were waiting on Jace's bed. 

Jace and I turned to each other and squealed. "I can't believe tonight is our senior prom!" Jace exclaimed, picking up her dress and running over to her closet to get changed.