Chapter 17

So...CHAPTER 17!!! :D Vote to save my jelly beans!!!!!!!! Please? -puppy dog eyes- :3

P.S: Here's the link to the Facebook page I made for CCMRBB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheap-Cheerleader-Meets-Rich-Bad-Boy/168382976628150

And here's the link to the Facebook page I made for this account(@iluvcodysimpson): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Iluvcodysimpson/342206552524668

GO LIKE THOSE PAGES PLEEEEAAAASE!!!! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few minutes, I got up, tray in hand, and walked out of the tent. I hoped I could trust Caroline...

I walked across the construction site and found Suzie's tent. I smiled as I walked in to see her with the boy from before. "Hi Suzie." I greeted her.

She turned around to smile at me for a second before she turned back to the boy. "Hi Avril. Is something wrong?" Suzie asked while wrapping a bandage around the boy's hand.

"No, I'm fine. I just need somewhere to eat my lunch. I don't really want to eat in the lunch tent." I explained. She nodded and pointed to a pair of bean bag chairs by a coffee table. I was glad that she didn't ask any questions, because I really didn't want to answer the question I knew would come out of her mouth. I smiled gratefully at Suzie and sat down in the bean bag chair.

 She snapped her fingers and said, "Shoot!"

"What is it?" I asked, standing up and walking over to her and the boy.

Suzie turned to me. "I left the gauze in a different tent, and I need to go get it. Could you maybe keep Brad some company while I'm gone. It'll only be for a few minutes." She pleaded, although she didn't need to. I was happy to stay with Brad while she was gone, and I voiced that last part.

"Oh, thank you Avril! You're an angel." She smiled at me before running out of the tent hastily.

I turned to Brad and smiled at him. He smiled back timidly. "Hi Brad, I'm Avril." I stuck out my hand for him to shake.

He took it reluctantly and shook it firmly. After that he seemed to loosen up a bit and he grinned at me. "Hey."

We chatted for a few minutes while Suzie was gone, and in that little space of time, Brad and I knew almost everything about each other. He hugged me after I finished telling him about my background, and I thanked him. "Avril?" Brad asked when we finished hugging.

"What's up?"

"Well, you know, since you don't have a family, maybe I could be your family, like...sort of a foster family, but only me." He ran his hands through his short spiked blonde hair. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, I could be your foster brother if you want."

I sat for a moment before a wide grin spread across my face and I nodded excitedly. He copied my happy grin and hugged me again. "Thanks Brad. I've always wanted a younger sibling." I ruffled his hair jokingly.

He laughed and said, "From now on, you can call me 'little bro', big sis."

Happy tears welled in my eyes as I nodded. I wiped my eyes and grinned at him. "So little bro, did you come here alone?" I asked.

"Nah, I came with a couple of my friends. I'll take you to meet them after I get outta here." He grinned back.

I laughed. "Okay. Why are you in here anyways?"

He looked at me sheepishly. "I kinda hammered my hand..."

I giggled. "Aw, well, I'm sure Suzie will be back soon with the gauze."