Chapter 11 - Freak Out

Wow! Chapter 11 already!! It seems like just yesterday I started this story!! Thanks for the support guys!  :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning classes passed quickly, even if there was a bit of a tension between Blaise and I. At lunch I sat with the girls, as in the cheerleaders. There was Jace, Lacey, Jessi, Kelsey, Kylie, Danielle, Brit, Rhea, and Alicia. Ironic, I know.

A couple of the guys were there too. There was Blake, Kyle, James and Blaise, who probably didn't want to be there.

"So, the routine is perfected!" I exclaimed happily.

"Yep, we are so going to win tonight's game! Our routine is amazing! Not that you guys would know." Rhea commented to the boys. All the girls laughed and the guys looked a bit left out. Aaaaaw. NOT!

I mock pouted at them, trying not to laugh. "Aw, it's okay boys, you'll see the routine tonight."

"Haha." James fake laughed.

The boys, except Blaise, were sending us mock glares that we just laughed at. We weren't trying to be mean or anything, we just found it funny that they wanted to see our new routine and they were being the perverted guys we all knew they were.

I had grown pretty close to James after he had walked into Nikkia's store. My eyes widened and unfortunately, Jace noticed. Oh no...

"What's up Av?" She asked me, looking concerned.

Oh my gosh, Nikkia is going to be so mad! Or sad, or annoyed, or furious...What if she fired me? Oh my god, I can't lose my job! If I do I won't be able to pay my rent this month and then I'll get kicked out of my apartment, and then I won't have anywhere to stay, and then-

Someone snapped their fingers in front of my face. "Av? Earth to Avril!" Jace called out. I snapped out of my thinking state and looked up at Jace to see she had a concerned look on her face.

My face flushed and I quickly pulled her upwards with me and out of the cafeteria. She was protesting but I didn't listen. As soon as we reached the little girls' room, she pulled away from me and held my shoulders. "What is up with you hon?" Jace used to live in Texas when she was eight, well, she lived there for half a year before she moved back, because the desert wind was making her hair act up.

"Okay, well, I've been so distracted lately that I forgot to go to work, anywhere! I haven't been to Nikkia's salon, I haven't been to Drake's shop, and I also haven't been to Naomi's health food store in three days! What if they fire me, and then I can't pay my rent and then I will get kicked out of my apartment and then, and then, I don't know!" I cried out.

"Shh, hey. Hey! Avril! That isn't going to happen! They're not going to fire you if you explain your case. And anyways, you promised to move into my house once Patrick and Dominique move out, so you're fine! That is in one week, by the way, so I am coming over and we are going to start packing missy!" Jace said in a mock stern voice.

I took a deep breath. "You're right, you're right. I'm just overreacting. And is it really only in a week? I've got to start packing after the game!" I laughed, all stress from the earlier situation draining from my body.

We walked back into the cafeteria, me relaxed and laughing as usual. No one asked any questions, thankfully. I was just laughing at a joke Jason had made, like everyone else at the table(except Blaise of course, who was a stick in the mud), when the principal's voice boomed out over everyone else's voices. "Students, I am pleased to announce that due to today's football game, there will be no afternoon classes. Have fun at the game Killer Whales!" I could hear the smile in Mr. Mackenzy's voice as he said that one sentence that had all the boys giving out high-fives and all the girls giggling.