Chapter 8 - Date Night

We pulled up outside of Jace's house and parked the car. I climbed out from the passenger side door and walked into the house. What? I didn't have to wait for Jace anymore, I practically lived here anyways, plus I was moving in in a couple weeks.

"Hey Christina." I smiled as I saw her in the kitchen, cooking as always. I think she went to chef school or something...

 "Hey Avril!" She greeted me, right before the front door opened and Jace walked in. "Hey honey." Christina smiled before turning back to the dinner.

Jace and I quickly ran up to her room and as soon as we were alone, I threw Jace a pillow and she screamed into it. When she came out she had a huge grin on her face. "You done?" I laughed.

"Yep! I'm so excited!" She squealed.

"I bet you are! He is really hot, not that I'm interested, though. He's all yours!" I laughed again when she mock glared at me.

"Good. Now, help me pick out an outfit!" She squealed again.

"Okay, where are you going for your date?" I asked.

"I don't know! He said it was a surprise!" She smiled happily.

"Okay, then I'm going to say that you should go in a dress, just in case. So, I'm guessing you want a blue dress?" She nodded. "Good. I'm thinking...this." I pulled a Paris Grecian Emebellished Drape dress from a hanger. It was a pretty blue. Hey don't judge me! Just because I can't afford this stuff doesn't mean I haven't heard all about Chanel and Gucci from Jace!

"Oh my gosh that's perfect! You have magic fingers!" She cried out, looking at the ceiling in praise.

"I know, now get into that and I will pick out some jewlery and shoes for you." I pointed at her bathroom door.

"But-"

"Change. Now." I pointed again. "Move it move it move it! I want you in that dress by seven o'clock, on the button! No later!" I shouted like a drill sergeant.

"Okay, okay, geez. I'm going, I'm going!" She laughed and walked into the bathroom.

I looked in her shoe closet and found the perfect pair of shoes to go with her outfit. They were some golden Jimmy Choo's, and they were amazing! Then I found a nice gold necklace with a blue gem and then a bracelet.

When Jace walked out, I handed her the Jimmy Choo's, which she said were, quote unquote, 'Amazing!' with the dress. Then I gave her the jewelry and she looked perfect. Except her face and hair.

Actually, she was naturally photogenic, but I knew she'd want to do something with her hair and makeup. "Come on, hair and makeup, bathroom, NOW."

"Okay!" She obliged all to willingly.

--------------------------------------------

After I was done with Jace's hair and makeup, she looked like a million bucks. Her hair was pulled up into a twist, with tendrils of curled hair hanging around her face. She had gold eyeshadow on with eyeliner and mascara, and a little bit of blush on her cheeks. I had convinced her to wear a tiny bit of pearl lip gloss.

We were finished by 7:49 pm, just about ten minutes before James was due to show up. "Come on, let's go down and wait." I smiled at her, and she looked ecstatic.

Ten minutes later, the doorbell rang, and I ran to answer the door, sticking my tongue out at Jace as she tried to get the door but I beat her to it. I opened the door, and James was standing there with a smile on his face. "Hey James." I smiled at him.

"Um, hey Avril. Is Jace here?" He rubbed the back of his neck, looking around me for Jace.

"Yeah, hold on. Jace! James is here!" I called out and she ran up to stand next to me, grinning like a fool.