Basics

I watched him struggle to cut through the thick brush of Sakonean. It was amusing say the least. With his fancy wear and lack of respect for the forest, he was new here. Any predator could pick him off. Any vampire, siren, griffin, or dragon could pick him off if they so chose. Not to mention the fairies. Little sweethearts, but they loved pulling nasty pranks. I could end his misery, but eh. Not interested. I licked my teeth. Might as well help a pal out. The foolish prince was about to eat a Ija berry. Only fairies could eat those without dying. "i wouldn't touch that if i were you, buddy." He whipped around, holding his sword in my direction. "go right ahead if you want to die. i was just giving you a fair warning." I examined him. Yep, definitely a prince of one of those kingdoms. With his fancy suit, gold tooth, and shiny sword, there was no doubt in my mind. What was fancy pants doing here anyway? "who the fuck are you!?" I quirked a brow, even more amused. "i'm sans, colorful mouth you got fancy pants." That seemed to tick him off. "don't fuckin call me that!" He swung at me.

💞💞💞

I jumped behind him. He turned and I caught his arm. "so, you're new around here. this place isn't for spoiled brats buddy, if i were you, i'd go home." He snarled. "i'm not going back." He tried and failed to pull out of my grasp. "welp, don't say i didn't warn you." I let go and started rummaging through my pocket. Fancy pants tensed. I pulled out a Raka fruit. "hungry, right? these are meant for stamina and are safe for you to eat." I tossed it to him and he caught it. "yer... helpin me..?"
"well if you aren't going to leave, you need to know how to survive." I shrugged. "i've got nothing to do right now anyway." He bit into the raka fruit and his eyelights shined a bright red. "mm." I chuckled. "i know right?" I started down a trail. "come on, fancy pants. it's not safe in the open."

💞💞💞

"first lesson: sakonean in itself is one large living, breathing organism, and must be treated with respect. it will give you what you want if you ask for it." Fancy pants looked confused. "say what?" I sighed, still grinning. The ignorance of the mages, I swear. "the way you were chopping at the brush, if you'd just asked, a path like this one would have been revealed." I explained. I stopped at a particularly dense area of wood. "well, fancy pants, whatdya think? shelter here for the night?"
"stop calling me that!" He exploded. I doubled over laughing. "i-i- heheheh- s-sorry, not sorry.. i don't know your name." I looked at him with bright blue eyelights. "o-oh.. uh.. red." Oh? Did I startle him? "red? should i say prince too, or.."
"no. is it safe to shelter here?" Oh, so he was listening to me. "it won't be easy for another predator to get here unless it was actively seeking us out." I replied. "huh. ok then. what next? a fire?"
"now that will attract predators. no." I grabbed a fallen log. "a temporary shelter will do. cut this up and i'll show ya how to do it." With Red's help, a teepee was put up. Asking to use some of the surrounding brush, I filled the cracks up top incase it rained and made beds. I preferred hide bedding, but I wasn't going to be picky. "g'night red." I took watch.

💞💞💞

I listened to the sounds of Sakonean. Red was out. I'm shocked how well he was sleeping. Did he not recognize the true dangers of this place? Of course not. He wasn't native to Sakonean like I was. He had a strong soul though.. that's what made me believe he could actually survive.. if he could learn. It was pointless otherwise. A howl rose and fell, more joining the call. "sorry guys.. i'll be gone longer than expected.." I mumbled to myself. There was nothing more for me out here. I would sense it if a predator was near, even in my sleep. I would need the rest, having to deal with Red.. I curled into my bed. What IS Red doing here and WHY does he not want to go back? Questions for tomorrow, I supposed. Sleep came down like a fog, claiming my for the night until morning or until I was threatened.