The Enfield Brothers

In case you have no clue what a Enfield is, here's a picture!

Red was training again while I watched. He'd been going at it nonstop. It was scaring G, and I could understand why, but Red WASN'T Error. He was a little brash and had a tendency to curse, but if he wanted to kill us, he would have tried already. When I asked why he was training so hard, he'd replied with "cause i will be pullin my own weight around here, i want to be useful, not a burden."
"you aren't a burden, red." I'd reassured. Still he persisted in his training and summoning 'Gaster Blasters' as he called them, was becoming easier.

💞💞💞

"welp, how about a walk? clear your head a bit before you train yourself to exhaustion again." Red looked up at me. "yeah, a walk actually sounds pretty good right now. camp gets a bit stuffy after awhile." He then got up, grabbing his jacket and slipping it back on. "le's go!" I'll bet he was still getting used to being stationary after moving camps so long. I trailed after the handsome male. Stars, he was just my type, odd as it sounded. He was quick to learn and adapt. He was strong, persistent, and good of soul. I truly think he'd make a great alpha, werewolf or not. I think I'm gonna court him.

💞💞💞

As we were walking along, talking about the most random things, I noticed Red's tail, well tails, plural. He was being followed and had been being followed for quite some time. Probably since the day I'd left. Of course they were curious, there was another mage in Sakonean and they wanted to be sure he wasn't like that glitch, Error. Enfield's were curious by nature, albeit one more than his brother. The other, seemed more cautious. "i know you're there. you can come out. we won't hurt ya." Out came a white Enfield with blue wings and shining blue eyes, the other came out more slowly. A ginger Enfield with orange wings and amber eyes. "ah! it's you!" Red pointed to the Enfield Brothers. "ya scared the shit outta me that first night!"
"so you had a run in with blue and carrot?" I asked Red. "blue... and carrot..?" He asked blankly. "that's their names. blue, carrot this is red." Before Red could question it, they changed into their skeleton forms.

💞💞💞

"HELLO! I'M BLUEBERRY, YOU CAN CALL ME BLUE!" Blue introduced to Red. Red wasn't focused on Blue though. He was focused on Carrot. He was on high guard too, as if Carrot would attack him at any second. I could tell it was making the guy uncomfortable. "red." His gaze flickered to me for a moment. "he looks like him... cinnamon too... i know that aren't him it's just.." Blue and tilted his head, backing slowly towards Carrot in a protective manner. Red was a mage, I couldn't blame him. "who do they look like?" Red huffed, finally tearing his eyelights away from Carrot to focus on me. "my asshole brother. always hurtin me an' shit when my guard was down outside my room. cinnamon don't really act like him at all, in fact, they are polar opposites. this guy... i don't know what ta think of him yet.." Red explained. He sighed heavily. "i know your not him, and i'm sorry for starin. this whole transformation thing and your appearance caught me off guard is all... can everything in sakonean do that?"

💞💞💞

Carrot sighed as well, seeming to make up his mind about the mage. "all mammals do. we all gotta second form. your probably wondering than, if we all got two forms, isn't it cannibalism?" Red blinked, obviously having not thought about it. "...is it?" Carrot laughed, and Blue relaxed. "nyeh heh heh... no. every different mammals makeup is different. even as a skeleton, our genetic makeup is is still that of an enfield, just temporarily in a different form. just as sans will always be a wolf and you'll always be a mage." He explained. Red nodded slowly. "huh... what about wendigos. they're all cannibalistic an' shit." I took over that explanation. "wendigos are mages with a dark spirit feeding off his soul, making him go crazy. they really kill and eat anything that moves, but it'll specifically go after a mage if he senses it's magic. if you get any sort of physical wound, it's all over. that's how the spirit transfers hosts."
"the wendigo of sakonean's name is horror, he used to be a decent guy before the last wendigo got em. he's been on the hunt for error, but..."
"error is to strong." Red concluded. We all nodded.

💞💞💞

"so... this error guy. why don't the heart of sakonean take care of him if he causes such grief?" Red asked as we headed back. We'd bid the Enfield Brothers goodbye not long after the Wendigo conversation. "despite being the 'heart' of sakonean, ink is soulless. occasionally he connects to the forest and it acts as his soul, but most of the time he doesn't actually care, and error gets to do or kill what he wants. being in sakonean, he can't kill ink and ink can't kill error because he physically can't care. when he is 'connected', error avoids ink and if ink does find him, they clash, but they almost always cancel each other out." I replied. "sometimes if ink's bored he even asks error to destroy to amuse him. there is no good or bad here, only shades of grey. that's life and we've learned to live with it."
"so ink's soul supports everyone living here, but they guy himself usually don't care. and when he does care, he can't do nothin about it anyway. that's shitty."
"heh. no kidding."