Chapter 2

I cover my ears with my hands as screams echoed through the laboratory. Ben had just gone upstairs to inject another patient with the serum. Even after working beside Ben for over a month now, I was not used to hearing the patient's screams. Ben eventually walks down the steps towards the laboratory where I was sitting. As Ben walks in I quickly pull my hands away in order to hide how much the screaming bothers me.

"You can continue to cover your ears. I know the screaming bothers you" Ben says as he walks up to me. He covers my ears with his hands.

Ben and I had gotten pretty close over the month of us working together so it didn't surprise me that Ben had noticed how much it bothered me. I leaned back into his touch slightly unintentionally. Once the screaming dies down Ben moves his hands away. He ruffles my hair a bit before sitting down in the chair beside me. He slides over his notes for me to copy into my file. I smile at him as I copy his notes into my files.

"How long till we need to go up and check on the patient?" I ask.

"Once you get your notes updated we can go. The serum should be worked into their system by then" Ben explains as he watches the monitor beside us showing the patients vitals.

I nod and continue to update my files. The beeping of the monitor pulls me away from the file as I noticed the patients vitals going haywire. I quickly get up and run upstairs to the patients room with Ben right on my ankles. I pull the patient onto their side and hold their head to keep them from bashing their head on the table as Ben gets a sedative to inject them will.

"Shhhh" I whisper as Ben injects the needle into their arm. I hold onto them and watch as the seizure starts to come to an end. The patients vitals slowly go back to normal causing me to sigh in relief. I slowly lay the patient back down on the medical bed normally. I pull my light pen out and check their eyes for dilation to ensure the brain was damaged during the seizure. "The eyes are dilating" I state pulling away the patient.

"Y/N" Ben says grabbing my arm slightly.

Only then did I notice how badly I was shaking. I take a deep breathe as tears sprung to my eyes. I pull away from Ben quickly and push passed him exiting the room quickly. I walk down to my office. I sit down on the floor with my back against the wall behind my desk. Tears run down my face as I lean my head back against the wall and close my eyes. I keep my eyes closed as I hear someone walking into my office and closing the door. I figured it was Ben, but I didn't bother to look. I only open my eyes when I feel him sit down next to me.

"Patient is stable" Ben says to me before holding something out in front of me. I look down to see that he was holding out a flask to me. I eye him curiously. "Some days this places gets too much even for me plus it's the end of the day anyway"

I chuckle at him slightly as I take the flash and take a long drink from it. I hand it back as I lay my on his shoulder. Ben takes a drink as well before handing it back to me. He leans his head on top of mine. This continues on for about another hour until we both are lying on my office floor laughing like school girls over a story Ben was telling me alcohol buzzing in our system.

"Did you seriously say that to them?" I ask between my fits of laughter.

"Yes. I wasn't exactly the smoothest talker in college" Ben says looking over at me.

"Well did they at least go on a date with you?" I ask.

"Unfortunately no" Ben says.

"That's shame. I would have in a heartbeat" I say smiling.

"Oh really" Ben says as he props himself up on his arm to look down at me.

"Hell yeah. I want someone who is going to smooth talk me with stupid science pickup lines. I think they are amazing"

"Well then" Ben starts to lean down loser to me "you must be made of uranium and iodine because all I can see is U and I together." Ben say to me catching me slightly off guard.

I start blushing extremely hard. I think for a moment "Are you a carbon sample? Because I want to date you" I say leaning up towards him. Ben smiles more captivating for a moment.

"Would you like me to do you periodically on the table?" Ben says.

"Benjamin!" I squeal covering my face with my hands as I lay back down on the floor.

Benjamin laughs at my reaction as he pulls my hands from my face. He smiles at me more before he leans down towards me. "Y/N?" He says looking from my lips to my eyes.

"Yeah?" I ask looking up towards him.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks.

I slowly nod and pull him closer. Ben presses his lips against mine in sweet yet hungry manner. I wrap my arms tightly around his shoulders as his arms wrap around my waist. The alcohol continued to cloud my mind as Ben moved to lay over me his lips moving down my neck. Soon my mind to was too cloudy to remember much the happened that night.

I wake up laying on a makeshift bed on the floor of my office. I move slightly causing me to quickly notice the pounding headache I had as well as Ben lying beside me with his arm tightly around me. I quickly sit up noticing the clothes scattered across the office floor.

"Shit" I mumbled as I pull out of Ben's grasp. It was easy to put two and two together after seeing the clothing scattered across the floor. Memories flash through my mind about last night as I quickly pull my clothes on and walk over to my desk. There on the desk sat two cups of coffee and a note. I hesitantly pick up the note to read it.

I figured it was only a matter before something were to happen between the two of you. Don't worry your secret will be safe with me. Just don't let Nelson catch you two. Please come and see me once your awake and hungover free. Enjoy your morning with Ben. I'm extremely happy for the two of you.

Deb

I sigh in relief as I pick up one of the coffee's she had left taking a sip of it. I pull out some aspirin and take it before walking over to the sleeping man on my office floor. I gather his clothes up and sits them on the chair near the desk before kneeling down to wake him.

"Ben" I say softly as I gently shake him awake.

Ben stirs slightly his eyes fluttering open before looking up at me. He looks around the room before looking back at me

"Did we end up staying her last night?" Ben asks tiredly.

"We um.. did more than that" I say to him.

"What did we..." Ben then notices the clothes on the chair by the desk. "Oh" Ben says before looking back at me.

"Listen I just want you to know that" I start to say only to be interrupted by Ben pulling me down and kissing me.

I smile as I move to lay down beside him kissing him back. As he pulls away he smiles at me "Of course it took me being influence by alcohol to actually gain the courage to pull a move on you" He says.

I blush as I look at him. "If I remember correctly it was science pick up lines that made it happen"

Ben laughs as he pulls me closer to him. I smile leaning into his touch more.