Chapter 15

I look at the text on the screen. I was confused as to what he meant. What did he know? I look over my shoulder to see Ben busy in the kitchen. I turn back to the screen and send a text back

Me: Know what Nelson?

The text that came through was a video. I turn the volume down before watching the video. Someone had recorded Matt and I talking. I drop my phone as my stomach does flips. Nelson had someone within Spellbound working for him or he managed to get someone inside the building.

I stare ahead knowing I had messed up big time. Nelson could be on his way here to punish us for all I know. I start to feel nausous at the thought of Nelson coming here again. How was I going to tell Ben. I just put our baby in danger.

I cover my mouth as I let out a strangled sob. I tried to muffle my crying as much as I could knowing Ben was nearby. I quickly wipe my tears away as I hear footsteps heading towards me.

"Y/N?" Ben says as he comes up to the couch. He sees my face and quickly kneels in front of me. "Hey, what's wrong?"

I immediately let out a sob. Ben grabs my face to try and calm me down. "I messed up" I quickly say just before there's banging on the back door.

"What did you do?" Ben growls at me slightly.

The pounding on the door got louder causing me to start crying harder. "I told Matt. That's the only reason I got the absolate" I say crying. 

The expression Ben made towards me was not pleasant. "Stay here and don't fucking move. I'll handle it" Ben says as he gets up and heads to the back door. 

"Where is she?" I hear Nelson say once Ben opens the door. 

"You're not taking her" Ben growls. 

"She did exactly what I said not to," Nelson growls back. "And not to mention trying to use a counteragent to foil my plans altogether."

I wince slightly forgetting to mention that to Ben. I could feel Ben's eyes on me from where he was standing. 

"I know she messed up but we have what we need to activate the SPIRE. I can promise you that she will not be adding that counteragent to the serum."

"Oh I know she isn't because she is coming with me so I can make sure of it," Nelson growls.

"As I said she is not going with you. I will handle it, Sir." Ben says. 

"Fine but if she steps out of line there will be no second chances. Do I make myself clear?" Nelson says. 

"Yes sir. We BOTH understand and SHE will not be stepping out of line again" Ben says before slamming the door shut. 

I shrink down further into the couch as I hear Bens's footsteps getting closer to me. I waited until he was in front of me to look up at him. Ben was more than angry. His arms cross over his chest as he glares down at me. 

"What were you thinking!" Ben yells at me. 

I jump at the sound of him yelling at me. Tears spilled down my face faster. "I don't know. I just thought..." I say trying to gather my thoughts. 

"You just what? Do you know what you just did?" Ben yells. 

I quickly look at him with a hurt expression. "What I just did? What I just?!" I yell getting up off the couch. "I was thinking the future for our child!" 

"You just put our child in danger with your stupidity!" Ben yells back. 

"With my stupidity? Really?" I huff at him. "So I'm stupid for thinking about our kid's future. Do you know how people are going to think about this if we go through with his plan?"

"We don't have a choice Y/N" Ben growls.

"Yes, we do!" I yell at him. "You just want to go back to following his orders again. Glad to see what he did to me doesn't phase you at all. That you can go back to loyally follow him" 

"I'm not doing this to loyally follow him" Ben yells as he steps towards me his fist clenched. 

"Uh-huh. Sure seems like it. 'Yes Sir' and 'I promise she won't step out of line sir'" I growl mimicking him. 

"I'm doing this for you and our baby" Ben growls back. 

"Yeah well let me put something in perspective for you baby. You activate that SPIRE, you are putting thousands of people at risk, including myself and the baby. We are in the target area. Did nelson mention that to you? I saw the spread point of the machine and guess what! We are smack dab in the middle of it!" I yell. "Still gonna follow him so loyally?"

"I have to," Ben says. 

"No, you don't you're choosing to!" I scream. I was done with this conversation. "You know what? Do what you want but I want no fucking part of it." I yank the absolate off my neck and shove it against Ben's chest before I push past him and head to the bedroom.

"Y/N!" Ben yells. 

I ignore him as I slam the bedroom door closed. I lock the door behind me. I scream out in frustration as tears slide down my face. Sob course through me as I drop to the floor. I was mad at everything. The world. Ben. Nelson. Everything was collapsing around me all over project SPIRE. 

"Y/N?" Ben calls for me through the closed door. He sounded calm now. 

I continued to sob on the floor. Screams echoed through the house as I cried out in frustration more. Ben's footsteps fade away from the door leaving me alone. I curl up on the floor with my hands pressed to my face. The sound of footsteps come back to the door before the sound of a key being used on the door was heard. The door opens slowly. Footsteps get closer to me. 

Ben's hands grab me gently. I quickly try to get his hands off me. With him being stronger than me, my fighting didn't phase me much. Ben pulls me into his lap with my legs straddling his waist. I start to hit his chest as I try to get away from him. Ben holds me firmly in his arm taking my punches. I eventually stop hitting him as I drop my head onto his shoulder. His arms relax around me. 

"I didn't know we were in the spread zone," Ben says to me softly. "That's not something I really thought about till now. You're right I do have a choice. I was blinded with anger and I'm sorry." I sob into his shoulder as I listen to him. I slowly wrap my arms around him tightly. "I want us to have a good future together with our little one. That's what I'm choosing."

I look up at Ben tears still clouding my vision slightly. "You mean it?" 

"Of course. Now about that plan of yours that you forgot to tell me about" Ben says causing me to laugh slightly.