Chapter 9

Seven Years Later

Matt's POV

"He said that if we find this girl that he would help us" I explain to Sam, Woods and Bailey.

"Okay but who is this girl anyway?" Woods asks.

"He said her name was Y/N. Y/N L/N." I say.

"I'm pretty sure I seen that name in a file in the employee drawer of the filing cabinet." Sam says.

"So let's get the file and look over it. That's at least a start right?" Woods says.

"Are we agreeing to find this girl to get Ben's help?" I ask.

"I mean if he helps we could end all of this." Sam says.

"I say maybe it's worth looking into" Bailey says.

"Then let's do that. Let's get the file and at least look into it" I say.

Y/N POV

Dear Ben,

It's been 7 years... 7 years since we have been seperate. 7 years since I lost our child due to Nelson. I don't even know if you're alive. A few years ago Nelson told me that you died in an accident at Syntec. I don't want to believe it but I havent heard anything from anyone at Syntec since Nelson left ran off to hide. 

I'm living at the place Nelson kidnapped me to now. He left enough for me to basically live out the rest if my life here. He keeps in contact through letters. It's weird being here alone. I keep telling myself to leave but something keeps me here. Maybe it's hope? Hope you're alive and that you will find me one day.

I don't know why I keep writing these letters. They've become more like diary entries at this point. Anyway, i have to leave to get groceries soon.

I miss you. I hope you're still out there somewhere.

Love always,

Y/N

Matt's POV

"Matt there's an address on this paper." Sam says to me holding out the paper to me.

"Could this be where she is?" Bailey asks.

"Let's find out" I say before we gather everyone to leave.

Y/N POV

I walk towards the house with a few bags of groceries in hand. The grocery store was only being a few blocks away. I stop in my tracks noticing an unfamiliar car parked at the house. I watch as 4 people get out of the car and walk to the front door. I watch them knock, then wait, knock again, then wait. I slowly approach them.

"Can I help you?" I ask cautiously.

My hood was up luckily so they really couldn't see who i was. They turn to look at me

"We are looking for someone who might live at this address. Their name is Y/N?" The oldest male says.

I slide my hood down revealing my face. The looks of recgnotion showed up the oldest male and the girl holding a camera. I walk up to them

"You're Y/N." The girl holding the camera.

I eye them curiosly. "Who are you guys?"

"Im Matt and this is Sam, Bailey and Woods" the old males says while pointing to the others.

"Why were you looking for me?" I ask as I work on opening the door of the house.

"Ben sent us to find you" The girl named Bailey said.

I stop moving and stare at the door. "You're lying." I say as I open the door and walk inside. The others follow me. "Benjamin died in an accident years ago."

"You mean at Syntec. Who told you that?" Matt asks.

"The co-founder Nelson Syphus. He told me that before he...." I stop talking as I think for a minute. "He told me Ben died in an accident at Syntec before Syntec dispersed and before he left to hide." I sit down my bags on the counter. "Even if Ben was alive his brain would me all messed up from..."

"The serum? We thought so too." Matt says.

I sigh as I look at them. "How did you even come across Ben in the first place?"

"Well..." Mat starts to say before explaining everything they went through.

"Deb killed Wesley?" I asked in shock. I stay silent for a bit soaking in the information given. "Okay um. Wow okay." I cover my face with my hands. "How do I believe you found Ben and that he's alive? I just can't go back on something I was told as well as shown proof for.... Nelson has plenty of phantoms as you call them"

Sam holds out her phone to me with a video they had produced. I take her phone gently and watch the video. I start to tear up seeing Ben in a jail cell. I put my hand over my mouth to hold my sob back. Ben was alive and after all this time I didn't know this.

I shakely hand the phone back. "He probably hates me. I didnt look for him at all." I wrap my arms around my self as I look at the group "I just lost hope after Nelson told me he died and I belived him."

"He wanted us to find you. He wanted us to bring you to see him after he found you." Matt explains.

I play with the necklace that was around my neck. It was a pair of angel wings that surround the birthstone for the month my baby would have born in. It was my comfort for when i needed strength.

"When can I see him?" I ask.

"I'll have to talk to the undercover officer we have contact with. It maybe a few days till we get something set up" Matt explains.

I nod slightly upset "I understand. I guess that gives me time to prepare to see him again." I says.

"Is there a way we can get in contact with you once we know when we can get you to be able to see him?" Matt asks.

"Oh yes!" I say as I get up to grab some scrap paper. I write down the number to phone in the house. I bring it and hand it to Matt "Just   call this number. I don't have a cell phone and no one calls this number so I know it'll be you"

"Alright sounds good. We are going to get something set up for you." Matt says.

"Thank you. I appreciate it." I say. Matt and his crew pack up to leave. As they leave I call out to him "Hey Matt"

"Yeah?" He says back

"If you need help with anything let me know. I'd be more than willing to help out you" I say to him.

"You know there is something you could help with" Matt says to me. "Do you know anything about a body outline in a building of our company?"

"We've been dealing with a haunting in the unit as well" Woods says to me

"There was a patient that past away in an upstairs room. Nelson forced me to up the dosage of the serum on an experiment. The patient had a seizure and passed away." I explained.

"Thank you. We appreciate it. We will contact you as soon as we can get you in to see Ben" Matt says.

I nod as I lean against the door frame and watch them leave. I smile for the first time in a long time as happy tears spill down my face. Ben was alive and I was gonna see him soon. Nothing was going to keep us apart.  Not if I can help it.