Chapter 19

Beep!

I scrunch my eyes at the sound

Beep!

The noise was steady. I slowly start to open my eyes only to be blinded by the lights in the room causing me to close them quickly. I groan slightly as a slight throbbing in my shoulder shows up. I finally open my eyes looking around the room. The bright white walls told me I was in a hospital. I look around more to see two people sitting in the room. It was Ben and Deb. Ben had his head on her shoulder while her head was rested on his head. I look away upset as I try to sit up yelping in pain. My yelp wakes up Ben. Ben looks over at me from his spot. He quickly gets up which wakes Deb. 

"You're awake," Ben says as he walks over to me. "How are you feeling?" Ben sits down on the hospital bed next to me. I stay silent as tears fall down my cheeks "Hey what's wrong?" Ben asks touching my cheek gently. I move away from his hand. "Y/N?" 

"Ben, do you mind letting me talk to her?" Deb asks. Ben nods as he gets up and leaves the room. Deb sits down next to me. I look in the opposite direction of her. I could hear her sigh slightly "Y/N there is nothing going on between Ben and me. There never was." 

"Don't lie to me" I growl. "I saw you two laying there together" 

"Y/N Ben loves you and only you," Deb says to me. 

I look at her. Tears continued to run down my face. "He told me about when I was missing. His feeling for you" I say 

"Y/N that how long ago," Deb says to me. 

"It doesn't matter. I saw the way he looked at you when you showed up. He looked at you in complete admiration" I explain. 

"Y/N there is nothing going on between us. You're carrying his baby. You're engaged to him. He wants to be with you more than anything. He cried for hours after we got here with you. He was so scared he was going to lose you and his baby." Deb explains. "Don't let what happened in that past hurt what you have now." I nod. "I'm gonna go get him."

Deb gets up and leaves. I stare off in the distance. The door opens to reveal Ben along with a doctor. I look over at them. 

"Hi Miss L/N how are you feeling?" The doctor asks walking over to me. 

"Tired and hurting" I answer. 

"Understandable," The doctor says to me. "Well from what we can tell you and your baby are doing well despite being shot in the shoulder. I will be back to check on you later." 

The doctor heads out leaving me alone with Ben. Ben walks over and sits down on the bed with me. 

"Hey" I whisper to him smiling slightly. 

"Hey" He whispers back smiling at me. Ben reaches out to my face but stops himself. I grab his hand gently and pull it to my face. Ben immediately starts to cry as soon as his hand touches my face. I gently pull him down into a hug avoiding my hurt shoulder. "I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you. I never wanted to hurt you or for you to get hurt" 

"Shhh," I say. "Stop talking and just listen for a minute. I love you but knowing everything with Deb hurts a lot. I'm jealous and hurt because you are everything to me and I don't want someone taking you from me. I just want to move past it all and live our lives together but I'm so scared that there is still a part of you that loves her."

Ben pulls away and looks at me "Y/N, I wouldn't have proposed to you if I still loved her. I wouldn't have agreed to try for a family again and I still loved her. You are the only girl I love and want. I understand you being upset and jealous. You have every right to be and I understand if you stay mad at me for a long time for it."

"I'm not mad," I say sighing slightly. "I guess I feel betrayed but I can forgive you." 

Ben leans down and kisses me. I immediately kiss back putting my not injured arm around him to pull him closer. Ben's kisses got deeper causing me to smile. Neither one of us heard the door until the person spoke.

"Glad you two made up" I hear Deb says causing us to pull away and blush. 

Standing next to Deb were Matt, Sam, and Woods. Sam had the camera in her hand. 

"Deb told us you were awake so we wanted to see you," Matt says. 

"We um brought you these" Woods holding a vase of flowers. 

"Aww thank you!" I say as I try to sit up again. 

Ben grabs me gently and helps me sit up completely. Ben moves to sit behind me as I reach out and grab the flowers from Woods. I smell them smiling. 

"Did you actually get her real ones unlike you did with Matt?" Sam asks causing Matt to laugh.

It felt good to have everyone around and laughing. I was still uneasy with Deb around but maybe it would get easier. One thing still confused me. 

"Deb what did you do with Nelson?" I asked. 

"Nelson is currently locked up. I will decide what to do with Nelson later. I wanted to get here to check on you as quickly as I could." Deb answers

I lean back against Ben as he wraps his arms around me. I nod in response I was starting to feel more tired than earlier. I snuggle a bit into Ben before I started to drift off to sleep. 

"Let's go get some food. Ben, we will bring you something back. I'm sure you don't really want o leave her" Deb says as I was starting to fall asleep. 

"Thank you, I would like to stay here while she sleeps," Ben says holding me tightly as I sleep.