Chapter 6

Chapter contains a Lemon. If you dont like that stuff please skip the chapter

I stare down at the file before me on my desk. I was currently filing out paperwork due to Nelson's ignorance with upping the dosage for the new patient without Deb's permission. Deb was furious after finding out the patient had a severe seizure and passed due to brain failure. Even more so she was pissed that even after the dosage was brought to her attention Nelson forced us to do the experiment with the higher dosage.

I wrote down everything needed to put into the file. I look at my watch to see it was getting fairly close to the end of the day. I sigh in release since I could officially say I had a day without Nelson threatening Ben and I. A knock at my door makes me look over towards it. I smile seeing Ben standing there. 

"Good timing. I need you to come sign these" I say holding the documents out to him.

Ben takes the documents and sits down in the chair across my desk. I watch as be scribbles his name down on the appropriate spots before handing the documents back.

"Thank you" I say before signing the documents myself.

"So I have a question for you" Ben says to me. I hum slightly in acknowledgment looking up at him. "Would you like to come to my house for a homemade candlelight dinner?" He asks me.

I smile and nods "I'd love to" I put the documents into the file and sits it aside to be taken over to Deb tomorrow.

"Great. We can head out whenever you are ready" Ben says to me with the biggest smile on his face.

"I'm actually ready to go now" I say putting my things away.

I get up as Ben grabs my coat and my bag. He slides my coat onto my shoulder and throws my bag over his shoulder to carry for me. I smile at the sweet gesture as i grab his hand gently. Ben leads me out to his car and opens the door helping me into the passenger seat. He sit my bag at my feet before closing the door and getting in the drivers side. We drove in comfortable silence.  Today had been easy. Ben was having a decent day and Nelson left us alone. I smiled as i feel Ben's hand settles on my leg.

We eventually make it to Ben's place. Ben turns the car off before running around to open my door. I giggle as he grabs my bag and helps me out of the car.

"Thank you" I say.

Ben leads me into the house then takes my coat to put away. I walk down the hall looking at the many pictures hanging. I smile seeing one of us.

"It's my favorite pictures of us" Ben says walking up to me.

The picture was of us at the Lab. Deb had came to a few pictures of us working but i couldn't help but get one taken of me climbing onto Ben's back. I remember that day so vividly because it was the day before Nelson started forcing Ben to take the serum.

Ben kisses my check gently before heading towards the kitchen "Do you want anything specific for dinner?"

I follow him into the kitchen. "Mm not really. Whatever you want to make is fine" i answer.

"Okay then how about Spaghetti and meatballs" Ben says as he starts pulling out ingredients.

"That sounds good. Am I allowed to help?" I ask walking up to him.

"You can help by sitting on this counter and be my pretty little taste tester" He says picking me up and setting me on the counter by the stove.

I smile as i watch him start to cook. Every so often he would hold a spoon out to me to taste things and each time i would tell him how good it was. Soon everything was done except for the garlic bread in the oven.