Chapter 7

Date nights a Ben started to become a weekly thing for us. We would do it every Friday so I could just stay over night with him. It was currently Saturday morning, I had just been woke up by the sun slipping through the blinds on the window.

I yawn as I open my eyes finally pulling myself away from sleep. My eyes meet something sitting on Ben's desk across the room. I look over to see Ben was still asleep next time. I grab one of the blankets and sit up wrapping it around myself. I slide Ben's arm off me and slip out of bed.

I walk over to the desk quietly as I pick up clothes off the floor on my way there. I stop in front of the desk. On the desk was something that looked like a gas mask but it had be upgraded. I pick it up looking over it. Underneath the mask was papers. I was going to ignore them until I saw my name on one of them.

I pick up the documents. I take the documents, the mask and my clothes out to the living room. I quickly got dressed before settling down on the couch with the blanket across my lap. I first pick up the document with my name on it. It was a letter from Nelson to Ben.

Ben,

I have a project for you. Something to work on while away from the office. The blueprints are included with this letter.

Let's keep this between us shall we? Won't want something to happen to Y/N now would we.

I will be send another letter discussing when I would like to see the final product.

Nelson.

I stare at the paper in my hand. It didn't suprise me that Nelson would do this but what suprised me was that Ben carelessly left these out for me to find. Unless he wanted me to.

I pick up the document that had the blueprint on it. It was for a prototype to distribute the serum by gas through a mask. Notes were scribbled on different parts. I look over the notes to see that it was Ben's writing. Notes on things that weren't working or needed to be fixed.

I pick up the mask and look over it. It was decently put together, however I could see where the issues were. I get up to get a few things I would need to finish the mask for Ben. Once i get what I need I start working on the mask.

I finish it in about 30 minutes. I look over it before I get up off the couch with it in my hand. I grab the papers and headed back to the bedroom. When I open the door I could see Ben looking around the room confused until he seen me at the door.

"There you are, I was wondering where you..." Ben starts to say until he notices what I had in my hands.

I lean against the door frame looking over at him. "I'm not mad you didn't tell me. I read the letter. I'm confused as to why you left it out for me to find" I say.

"I couldn't tell you but he never said that I couldn't let you find it" Ben says a sly smirk growing on his face.

I smile at this. "Was this your way of asking for my help?" I says as I shake the blueprint slightly.

"Maybe" Ben says to me.

I walk over to him. Ben wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his lap. He nuzzles his face into my neck.

"I finished it" I say to him as I sit the mask and paperwork on the bed.

"Hmm?" Ben questions to busy cuddling up to me to listen.

"The mask" I say causing Ben to look up. "I finished it. Who's it for anyway? I didn't realize we were testing for airborne serum"

Ben sighs as he takes the mask from my hand. "We aren't testing for airborne serum. Well at least Syntec itself isnt. However you and I will be because that's what Nelson wants. He thinks if he can make it airborne then he can up the dosage"

I roll my eyes. "Who would we test this on anyway?" I ask. Ben goes silent making me pull away from him. "No..." I tear up. "I won't... I can't..."

"We don't have a choice" Ben says to me.

"This could kill you!" I scream tears stream down my face. "I won't do it! I don't care what he does to me. He can't make me do it. Injecting you is hard enough already. I cant experiment on you, Ben"

"Y/N listen to me" Ben says hoping to reason with me. "We don't have a choice" He says sternly. "He threatened to take you away if we don't"

I let out a strangled sob as I felt my whole world collapse around me. Ben pulls me into his lap more hugging me tightly. I could feel Ben start to shake as he started to cry as well. I knew this was going to be hard on him as well but what made this worse is something I knew that he didn't. Something I had recently discovered. Something that makes me worry about losing him even more.

I quickly sit up. "Let's run away" I say quickly.

"What?" Ben says looking at me in suprise.

"Let's run away. My parents have a cabin out in the woods on the other side of the country. We could go there" I say to him grabbing his hands.

"He would track us down Y/N" Ben says to me.

"Then we will change our names if we have to. Lay low for a while. Ben please I can't lose you." I say pleading. "I know someone who can help us. They can drive us to my parents. We can borrow a car from them and go" Ben stays silent as he thinks. "Ben please"

He looks at me. I could tell he was really thinking about it. "Okay. Let's run away" Ben says to me.

I quickly throw my arms around him hugging him tightly.

"When should we go?" Ben asks.

"Monday. While everyone is at work. We can leave in the morning and be far away by the time work let's out" I explain

"What about the serum? It's in my system now. How will we work around that?" Ben asks me.

I sigh as I knew it was time to spill everything I knew. I quickly tell Ben about the antidote Deb was working on to release the patients at Syntec. I explained how I knew the formula she was working on and that I could reproduce it fairly easily. Ben nods understanding. We soon started making our plans to leave.