They Call You Mom

Butch Talking

Boomer Talking

Brick Talking

All Three

Requested by CielTwinsister16

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     We were going out to get supplies to fix a hole in the boy's bedroom. "Alright, don't go too far while I get the supplies, and no roughhousing, we do not need another hole to fix." They quickly nodded as they began to fly around and chase one another. As I gather the supplies while listening to the news in the background while the boys laugh and start to slowly roughhouse around but not going too far with it. 'Crash!' "MOM!!" '???" startled. I quickly turned around only to be tackled while a screaming woman was running towards us with a small crying child.

     "What happened?! Why is there a woman with a crying child? Why do you look like you just got into a fight? And why is your arm changing colors?" I ask frantically as I look over Boomer and his currently fast color-changing arm while he had some tears in his eyes. "Wewereroughhousingalittleand Boomer bumedintoa shelf with lots of heavy stuff onit." "Yeah, and he tried to stop it from falling but I guess he didn't do it right so it fell and took him down with him." "yeah and the kid got caught up with the fall of the and apparently got a pretty bad scrape on his leg and his Mom is really mad," They say slowly calming down as I got enough to understand what's going on just as the screaming woman got to us.

     "Are you there mother! Look what they did to my little Tommy. I'm sure his leg is broken! I want compensation for this!" The Woman yelled while showing me Tommy's leg which had a pretty bad scrape but was pretty shallow and would just need a bandage. "Look mam I am really sorry about this and it was an accident but I need to get my kid to the doctors so he can get his arm looked at," I said calmly as I picked up Boomer and started to head to the checkout to pay for my stuff and to let them know what went on before a hand grabbed my shoulder harshly. "I'm Not finished talking to you about this and don't walk away from me like that." At that I got irritated, "Look I don't care if you're not finished talking to me, I'm done talking to you about this now if you will excuse me I have an actual emergency that a bandage can't fix." I said with the same exact attitude she gave me.

     The woman stayed there slacked jawed before her face started to turn red and the next thing I know is that she is screaming at me about "my" attitude while she holds my arm. The boys just sat in the cart not knowing what to do and just watched the chaos unfold. She then proceeded to smirk and say, "You are such a horrible mother, no wonder they were out of control you probably are too busy down on your knees." And this had the boys yell, and me seeing red and the next thing I know is that she is on one knee holding her now bloody nose.

     'Uh oh," I was quick to pay for my stuff and take my son to the doctor. The doctor had to put a cast on Boomer's arm before we could leave. Making it to our living room I sigh and plopped down on the couch. "We're sorry" I suddenly hear and see the boys with their heads held down. "It's okay, but this is why I asked you not to roughhouse. I didn't want you or other people to get hurt. Now don't think you can't ever roughhouse ever again, I just want you to be more careful when you do but until Boomer's arm is healed no roughhousing do I make myself clear?" I say with an understanding smile as they look up and nod. "Um, is it ok for us to call you that," "yeah we kinda said it the moment back at the store but..." I smile at this before pulling them onto the couch with me. 

     "Of course it is, heck I was waiting for the moment that you would call me that, but I am sad that someone got hurt to the point that you would call me that." I received nods from the three as I picked up the remote before posing. "Would you like to be heroes? I was meant to talk to you about this but I didn't want to make you guys uncomfortable but...I feel it would be helpful for you to have a better understanding of your powers and burn some of the endless energy you have. And I know we already talked about this but I want to make sure you are alright with this." They look at one another in thought before answering. "Yeah, we want to be heroes mom" "Yeah we used to fight all the time and we want to help you out since you actually gave us a chance." "Yeah, mom we want to be heroes." I smile and nod understanding where they are coming from, 'Well I supposed I should finally set up the date for the meeting with the mayor."