They Get Home

Butch Talking

Boomer Talking

Brick Talking

All Three

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        When I opened the door to my two-story home the boys immediately went inside. "Your room is upstairs second door to the right so you can put your stuff in there, let me know if you need any help, I am going to start making dinner," I smiled gently as I watched them head upstairs. With nothing to think about, I started to prepare lasagna. With all the ingredients set I put the lasagna in the oven, once I set the timer I heard a sound coming from upstairs.

     Once I got onto the second floor I noticed that the bathroom, the boys' bedroom, along with my bedroom door was open. One in my room I spotted several items on the floor and my bed was stripped of its sheets and pillows. 'I should go check the other rooms,' I thought hoping not to find a huge mess from the three. As I search the bathroom and their bedroom, finding them in a similar state grateful to not have a lot of stuff, I head back down to find the missing blankets and pillows in a fort set up along with another mess.

     "Boys?" I asked while looking into the fort, finding them all huddled like they were discussing something. "Hi, If you wanted to build a fort you could have asked and, if you can, can you pick up the mess you made?" I say with a small smile patiently waiting for a reply. "No, go away." This made you frown a bit but you quickly push it away and internally sigh. "Okay but I will need a pillow and blanket, you can keep the fort up until I replace the King size bed with three new ones."

     They ended up throwing the pillow and blanket at me. 'At least they didn't decide to keep them. As I headed downstairs, after throwing the pillow and blanket on the bed, I heard a little ding letting me know that the food was done. While taking out the lasagna I saw three little heads poke out through the archway. Turning to face them, "Just in time food is ready, pick a place to sit and I will get the plates and forks." The three boys immediately found a place at the table. After setting everything up I decided to try and make small talk.

     "What are your names?" "I am Brick," The one with red hair and shirt said. "I am Butch," the one with black hair and green shirt said. "I am Boomer," the one with blond and a blue shirt finished. "Those are nice names," I mention calmly with a small smile. "Well of course they are, they are our names," Brick says while all three puff out their chest along with confirmation from the other two. This little scene made me smile a little wider, 'they're cute,' I thought as they were about to leave. "Aren't you going to say 'Thank you'?" They looked at one another before they mumbled a small thanks while leaving.

     'At least they seem to be warming up to me slowly, they seem to also be calmer than what they were at Maggie's house. Of course, that is probably because they aren't around as many kids.' I sigh while washing the dishes, calmly thinking about the events of the day before leaving to check on the boys. Once I got into the living room I looked into their fort seeing them pass out in a small huddle. 'This may not be so bad,' Smiling to myself I start cleaning up the mess they made, marking on the Calder that I don't have to go to work until next week, before going to sleep.