Ch. 3 A Girl Like You

So that's what we're doing. Okay, you understood. 

This made sense now. You knew how to play this role, the role of the doting girlfriend, especially if there was a payday attached, and you already knew this guy was good for it.

You'd checked out his wallet the second you'd walked away earlier. No driver's license, which sort of made sense, given the wings. The credit cards were impressive though, and you had wondered for a second what type of job he must have in order to have not one, but two black cards. Then you saw the hero license. Jackpot. 

With that kind of money, you were already thinking about calling into work and telling them how you were going home for the night, but then it hit you. You didn't have your phone.

So when Mr. Hero pulled you against him and told his blonde friend that you were his girlfriend, you were happy to go along with it. If those black cards were any indication, you'd be paid well later.

"Are we talking hourly or what?" you whispered to him.

"Don't talk," Hawks said under his breath. "Hold on a second, Bakugo."

Hawks turned you around so Bakugo couldn't see what he was saying to you.

"Just play along for a couple minutes, okay?" he whispered to you. "Can you do that?"

"For how much?" you whispered back. Your hand reached up to touch one of his feathers, mesmerized by its softness. 

"Stop that. I'm not paying you anything."

"I don't work for free."

"Sorry," he lightly chuckled, "but I don't have to pay for girls."

Oh.

You dropped your hand from his wing.

You knew this type.

This type of guy thought they were so cool, but if they were really that cool, then why did they spend their night with you doing nothing but talking, desperate for someone to listen to all of their problems and tell them it was going to be okay? As if they knew anything about real problems.

You were earning money while they were looking to a complete stranger for affection. So who really was the pathetic one in this situation?

It didn't matter. This type of guy needed to be taught a little lesson, which meant tonight he was going to pay one way or another.

You plastered a sweet smile on your face, hoping he didn't see the irritation in your eyes.

"All right," you said. "I know just what to do."

"Thanks," he breathed a sigh of relief and turned you both around, keeping you under his wing with his arm around your shoulder.

"So this... this is your girlfriend?" Bakugo didn't hide his skepticism.

"Yep! Aren't you, baby?"

"Yes, daddy," you purred, scooting even closer up to him, bringing your hand to rub on his chest.

"Stop that," he said, chuckling lightly and gently taking your hand off him. "Not in front of others, baby."

"Anything you say, my sweet homeless daddy."

"I'm not –"

"Shhh," you pressed a finger to his lips to silence him, "you don't have to be ashamed."

"I know, because I'm not homeless."

"Then why are we always meeting in alleys like tonight? Do you just like me being your little alleyway slut, daddy?"