Ch. 6 If We Were Really A Couple

"He's completely trashed, isn't he?"

Standing with Midoriya in the kitchen, the two of you grimaced as you watched the current number two hero attempt to play charades in Kirishima's living room. Keigo was gesturing wildly around the room, arms flailing, occasionally jumping up and down as he tried to get everyone to guess the answer.

"Yeah," you agreed. "Looks like it."

Midoriya tilted his head and squinted his eyes as the two of you tried to figure out what he was acting out. "Is he trying to act like he's ice skating?"

You weren't sure. You also titled your head, this way and then that way, but it didn't help Keigo's actions make any more sense.

"I thought maybe he was swimming?"

"No," Midoriya said thoughtfully. "Look at the way he's moving. Maybe he's a train?"

There was no way to tell.

At least Keigo seemed happy now. The kiss you'd shared earlier had worked as a momentary distraction when the newlyweds arrived at the party, just like you'd hoped, but it wasn't like the two of you could stand there kissing all night. Eventually he had to face the woman he'd loved and lost, and it was exactly as awkward as you had expected it to be.

Bless his heart, sweet Kirishima had the bright idea to sit you and Keigo right next to the Bakugos at dinner, and long story short, the number two hero had drank so much that he was now in no shape to fly, or probably even walk, home, even though he was doing his best to act out whatever word he'd drawn for charades.

"Maybe it has something to do with dancing?" Midoriya offered.

"Maybe?"

Mercifully, the timer finally dinged, and everyone in the living room looked at Keigo expectantly.

"Aw come on, you guys," Keigo drawled, slurring each word while he held up the little slip of paper, "the word was 'airplane.'"

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME YOU HAVE WINGS YOU IDIOT WHY DIDN'T YOU USE THEM?"

At the sound of Bakugo's shouts, you nodded to Midoriya. "That's my cue. I think it's time I took him home," you said before going to collect your pretend-boyfriend.

After a few tries, and multiple hugs and thank you's to Kirishima, you were able to wrangle him out the door and down to the street to a waiting cab. One arm around him, you manuevered Keigo into the backseat, climbing in after him.

"We didn't have to take a cab," he complained. "I could have flown us."

"First, no, I don't have a death wish right now, and second, being high up makes me feel sick."

"Really?" He chuckled and leaned against you, his head of blonde waves dropping onto your shoulder. "I guess it's a good thing you aren't my real girlfriend then."

"Yeah," you laughed awkwardly, thankful for the darkness of the cab to hide your frown. "Good thing, huh?"

----

You tried to leave Keigo's apartment when he started taking off his clothes, but his tiny studio apartment combined with the alcohol in his system only made him even more clumsy, his wings hitting everything they could possibly hit as he tried to get undressed, and the whole thing was so pitiful that you stayed and helped.

Once he'd stripped down to his boxers, while you tried to avoid abjectly staring at him because good god he was ripped, you were able to convince Keigo to get his drunk ass into bed. The quicker he got to sleep, you figured, the quicker you could take some cash out of his wallet and call a cab to go home.