Ch. 4 A Deal is Made

"What color lipstick is that?"

"It's called Lady Danger," you told Midoriya.

By the time Hawks made it into the bar, you were already seated with his friends, all of them immediately peppering you with questions about you and your relationship with the winged hero.

He stayed in the doorway watching it all unfold, growing more irritated by each thing he saw. The way Kirishima pulled out your chair for you, the way Midoriya complimented your outfit, and even Bakugo wasn't shouting at you, a sign that he didn't completely hate you.
For once Hawks was glad that Kaminari was still involved in karaoke, or else Hawks was confident that he'd be over there trying to flirt with you.

And you. You were all sugar and spice and pretty little laughs for the guys, your easy smile, with just a hint of mischief, quickly wrapping all of them around your finger. Not that he could really blame them, if Hawks had seen you out somewhere, at an event or after-party, he couldn't deny that he definitely would have tried to get you to go home with him.

But here, this was different. You needed to go. Now.

"What were you saying earlier about a baby?" Bakugo asked you.

That got the table really quiet really quickly, with all eyes on you.

"Oh, yes, our baby. Keigo and I have a fish together. Had. I've basically had to raise it alone, since he abandoned it."

"A fish," Bakugo deadpanned.

"It took a long time, you know? But I think Swishy is finally over his abandonment issues. I can see it in the way he swims."

"I love fish," Kirishima smiled at you.

"Me, too."

Hawks felt like he was going to die.

Fuming as he watched you make eye contact and direct that stupidly adorable smile at him, Hawks knew he had to stop this, because he knew the truth. No matter how pretty you were, you were basically a demon disguised as a cute girl.

When he saw Bakugo lean forward on the table to ask you another question, he'd had enough. He walked right up to the table and grabbed your arm a little too roughly, pulling you up and out of your seat.

"Whatcha doing, dude?" Kirishima asked, obviously concerned.

"Just need to steal my darling girlfriend away for a moment," Hawks spoke through clenched teeth. "I'll be right back."

"I just sat down!" you tried to protest, but he was moving too fast for you to do much other than keep up as he dragged you away.

"You don't need to sit down because you're leaving," he muttered under his breath as he walked you toward the back of the bar, far away from everyone else.

"Am I leaving before or after I tell your hero friends that you're faking having a girlfriend?" You said that last word just loud enough for the others to hear you, but Hawks shushed you and practically pushed you into the bathroom in the back, locking the door behind him.

He turned to face you, eyes narrow and irritated. "I'll ignore the fact that you tried to steal my wallet and even pay for a car to take you to wherever you live, but you need to go. Now."

"First, I didn't try, I did steal your wallet. Second, I will gladly let you pay for my ride home. On one condition."

"What condition?"

"I'll leave right now, actually, if you answer one question for me."

"Okay, great. Let's get this over with. What's the question?"