Ch. 7 Catching Feelings

Pro-hero Hawks needed a powerade and a nap.

However, since Endeavor had assigned him back to back patrols with Midoriya today, it didn't seem like a nap was on the schedule.

So at the moment it was just Hawks and Deku, two pro-heros wandering into a convenience store in search of a cure for the massive hangover one of them was sporting.

Midoriya waved to some fans as the two of them walked through the front doors. "The dinner party was fun, wasn't it? I'm glad you and y/n were able to come."

"Too much fun," Keigo said sheepishly, running a hand through his hair as he searched in the store's fridges for a drink. "I'm hung over as hell today. I barely remember going home, to be honest."

"Yeah?" Midoriya laughed. "Y/n had to practically drag you out the door."

"Really? How embarrassing. Sorry about that."

"No, it was fine! You're lucky to have someone looking out for you like that, you know."

The end of the night was a blur, but not the beginning. Thinking of the start of the dinner party made Keigo think of when you kissed him which made him think of how soft your lips had felt which made him think of how soft all of you had felt which was about to make his pants fit a lot tighter right there in the middle of the store if he wasn't careful.

Everything after the actual dinner part of the evening was fuzzy, but somehow he'd ended up back home, alone in his own bed when he woke up this morning.

Keigo hoped he had at least paid for your cab home from Kirishima's, but the missing money in his wallet told him that you'd probably figured it out.

He shook his head to clear his thoughts, not that it really worked, since you'd been what he was thinking about the whole morning when his brain wasn't trying to escape his skull.

The logical part of him knew that catching feelings for a girl like you was dumb. To you, he was just a job, he knew that. You'd made it very clear that your entire relationship was a transaction, and he was naive to think it could be anything else.

But still...

Images of you, next to him in bed, flashed through his brain.

He'd had some crazy dreams last night, that was for sure.

"Hey, Midoriya, can I ask you something?"

"Sure!"

"How do I ask this...?" Keigo took a deep breath and fell back against the fridge, thankful for the cool glass. "Have you ever had feelings for someone when you knew you shouldn't?"

Midoriya's eyes went wide before grabbing Keigo, pulling him to the side so no one would hear them. "Don't tell me you're thinking about cheating on y/n!" he hissed at Hawks.

"No! no! I'm asking a purely hypothetical question."

"I swear to All Might that if you're going to cheat on her, you need to break up first or else I'm going to tell y/n myself. I like you, but I like her too and no one deserves to -- "

"Stop! It's hypothetical, Midoriya!"

"Ok. Sure it is." Midoriya eyed his winged friend suspiciously at first, but then seemed satisfied with that answer. "So you actually want to know if I've ever liked someone I shouldn't have liked?"

"Yes."

"Honestly, you're pretty much describing my entire high school experience."

"Damn," Keigo cursed, taken aback. "What did you do about it?"