I Won't Quit...

(12 Year Old Izuku POV [Middle School])

I felt like doing it again. I wanted to do it again so badly. As I was in thought... I suddenly remembered my mom. I thought about how she reacted the first time jumped. She looked so sad... I hated seeing her upset. Afterall she's the only person who ever cared for me. "DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS!" Those were the words that repeatedly kept playing in my head. 

I don't want to make her hurt again. I was the reason she was in pain back at the hospital.  I won't hurt her again.

I will become a hero. Even if i'm quirkless. Even if no one believes in me. I will become a hero. I'll become my own hero. No matter what.

I won't quit...

You're wrong All Might, and i'll prove it. 

I can become a hero!

...

Wait- how?

I walked home with the groceries and my dad's soba.

"Oh Izuku you're back!" Inko yelled happily.

I replied with a "Y-yeah" while putting the bags on the kitchen counter.

"Ok what happened?" She asked while crossing her arms.

"N-nothing!" I said waving my hands in front of my face.

"Izuku, you're my son, and a horrible liar. You're upset, I can see it on your face" Inko said.

"Did Hisashi do something today?" She asked.

"Mom he does something everyday" I said.

"This is all my fault..." Inko said looking down.

"Mom no it's not!" I said walking to her.

"It is! I could have done something! I-If I was strong enough, a-and if..." She trailed off in tears.

"Mom please... I hate seeing you like this. None of this is your fault." I said holding her hands.

"After All i'm the reason you got stuck in this mess..." I mutter.

SLAP!

"O-oww..." I said holding my cheek.

"M-mom why did you do tha-" I started.

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT!" Inko yelled.

"I'm glad I got "stuck in this mess" if I didn't you'd still be getting hurt the whole time and I still wouldn't have known" Inko said.

"But i'm still getting hurt anyways. Now BOTH of us are getting hurt!" I said clenching my fist.

"If my baby's getting hurt, then i'm getting hurt too" She said.

"But mom-" I started.

"None of this is your fault. Don't ever think that Izuku, ok?" She said looking up at me.

"O-ok..." I said.

I know it's my fault. Everything is.

"Mom... has anyone ever told you you're very strong?" I laughed still holding my cheek.

"Ahhhh Izuku i'm so sorry!" She said hugging me.

"It's fine mom, I was just joking around" I laughed.

"So... what's the reason you were upset?" She asked tilting her head.

"N-NOTHING! A-ACTUALLY I FEEL WAY BETTER NOW THANKS TO YOU MOM! I-I'M GONNA GO TO MY ROOM NOW! BYE!" I yelled running to my room.

"Oh Izuku..." Inko sighed and facepalmed.

For the past 2 hours i've been in my room thinking of ideas on how to become a hero. I looked at the pile of the papers i've crumpled in the corner of my room and put my head on my pillow in exhaustion. It's been 2 hours and I still couldn't come up with any good ideas.

"This is harder than I thought it would be..." I groaned.

"How am I supposed to be a hero if I can't even THINK of how i'm supposed to be a hero?" I said.

"Yet again the same vigilante has striked again! I'm at the crime scene interviewing 2 witnesses of the fight" A reporter yelled through the mic.

Vigilante? I walked out of my room and saw my mom watching the news on the TV. 

"Hey, mom what's this?" I asked walking to her.

"Oh i'm just watching some news" She said head still facing towards the screen.

"A vigilante..." I said quietly in thought.

A vigilante is a crime fighter. Sure it's illegal, but I would still be saving people. I would still sorta be following the law since it's illegal using quirks in the public and against someone in a fight without a hero licence, and I don't have a quirk, so... wait-

I looked back at mom and went into thought.

What does mom think of vigilantes? Does she think they're bad... I don't want her to think of me like that. 

"H-hey mom, I was just wondering, what do you think of vigilantes?" I asked rubbing the back of my neck.

"Well... I think they're nice actually. I think of them like heroes. They're crime fighters and save people. That's what a hero does isn't it?" Inko said with a smile.

I smiled back at her.

"Yeah..." I said smiling.

"I-I'm going back to my room now mom" I said walking back. 

"Ok Izuku" She said.

I went into my room and sat on my bed. 

She liked vigilantes...

Vigilantes...

Crime fighters...

Saves lives...

I'm gonna be a vigilante...

I'm gonna be...

𝙴𝚐𝚊𝚘 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚅𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎...

.

.

.

Hi! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was sorta busy and wanted to take a little break. Anyways, thanks for reading this chapter. I hope my book is going good so far.

Also thank you all for the support and for reading my wattpad. 

I was really shocked when I saw this

I was really shocked when I saw this. I honestly didn't think I would get this many reads. Again, thank you so much! Hope you liked this chapter! Bye! ❤