A Long Week

(Izuku's POV)

I've been living with Eraserhead and his family for a week now. It's honestly great... It's like they really care about me. It's a real functioning family... A family I wish mom, Hisashi, and I could've been.

Eraserhead and Present Mic treat me like I'm their own biological son. Midnight treats me like I'm her nephew. Hitoshi seems like he's trying to get close to me. Like he wants to be my brother and  my friend. And Eri's gotten used to me since the moment I was welcomed into this family. Looking back at the things Overhaul had done to her in the past, it's a miracle and a great relief to see her safe and so happy.

They're all doing everything they can to help me feel that way too. I appreciate them and I'm glad I'm lucky enough to be part of this family, but... I don't feel like I should be in it. Watching them from a distance, I feel like I don't belong here. Like I'm an outsider or an uninvited guest. Just a burden.

In a way, It feels like I'm betraying them. At night, I'd go out and fight them—Eraserhead, Present Mic, and Midnight— while they're clueless about it. I'm the vigilante they're after and yet, I'm living with them. If they were to ever find out... I'm sure they'd hate me.

Eraserhead and Present Mic aren't home right now. Apparently they have some sort of meeting with the hero commission. And apparently that meeting is about me... or Egao, in other words. I wonder what they're talking about...

Hitoshi and I are sitting in the living room, playing dolls with Eri. My stomach hurts. Maybe from nervousness. I haven't gone out for patrol this entire week. How the hell can I sneak out of this house? Eraserhead brought up how he hasn't seen Egao this entire week. What if he begins suspecting me?

I let out a heavy sigh. Hitoshi turns to me "You okay? You seem tense" He asked. So he noticed...

I fiddled around with the doll in my hand, braiding its hair as I spoke "Yeah. Just thinking about that vigilante... Egao, right?" My purple haired brother nodded.

He stared across the room for a moment, silently as if he was in deep thought. Taking note of this, I bounced back his own question he asked me earlier "What about you? Are you okay?"

"Yeah... I just don't really like Egao" He said, with this loathing tone.

I sigh again. Right. Hitoshi hated Egao. If he were to ever find out Egao was sitting right in front of him, I'd be dead for sure. He always thought me- or in this case, Egao I suppose - Was some sort of trouble maker. How Egao would gain everyone's trust and then backstab us. I'm guessing this doubtfulness grew after I was framed and when I pretended to be a villain. Maybe he thought I lied to prove my innocence. Whatever it was, It was clear he hated Egao for the sole purpose he thought this vigilante was really a villain.

Many others online had also created some rumors.

If I wasn't Egao, I'm not sure how I'd look at it. Maybe I'd think the way he did too. But I'm Egao and I know that I have good intentions.

Eri spoke up "When are daddy and papa coming back?" She asked. I looked towards the clock hanging on the wall. It was 5:45. They've been gone for about 4 hours now. "I'm sure they're on their way back" Is what I wanted to say, but Eraserhead and Present Mic said they'd be gone for only 2 hours and if it would take longer, the max would have ended with them coming back half an hour late.

"Well, it's an important meeting so it's only expected it would take so long. I bet the heroes are doing some big and exciting planning on how to take down Egao and the villains!" Shinso said with a smile. He handled that well... I guess. I was still thinking about what to say, so thank god he was quick with it.