to shitty parties and popularity (edited)

"I AM YOUR QUEEN, AND I AM THE RIGHTFUL HEIR TO THIS THRONE."

"You are half-blooded scum!" Beelzebub roared, the Infernal court giving a leer of agreement.

"Be careful, Beelzebub," Sera hissed with as much wavering malice as she could muster.  "I am very much my father's daughter."

She hated that fact, yet she knew deep down that it was true. She had his hunger for power, his ruthlessness and calculated cruelty. She would take and take and take and slaughter and torture and kill to get what she wanted, and Sera was yet to decide if she loathed that about herself just as she loathed those qualities in her father. It didn't change the fact that she felt like an imposter in his court, and her heart began to yearn for the family home she had left behind in Greendale.

"Perhaps," Hissed a demon, "But that does not mean that you are the only one with a claim,"

"And who do you suppose would rule instead?" Lilith, Sera's self-appointed regent asked.

The crowd began to roar, to chant, to stamp their feet and shriek with laughter.

"Prince Caliban," Beelzebub leered, "Sent to restore and rule our dark domain, and expand our infernal empire to the mortal realm."

When the crowd parted to reveal a young man, hardly a day over 19, it was not his youthful appearance or angelic beauty that made Sera's breath hitch in her throat. 

Butterflies fluttered to life in her stomach, frantic wings and too-fast beats leaving echoes of unease in their wake, almost as though they were urging her to run. She wanted to run. Desperately so. But she couldn't even look away.

She knew his face better than she knew her own. Every curve, every sharp line, every deep blonde curl.

He looked to be more angel than devil, but she imagined even angels would be wary of him. 

"You," She choked out, casting a sharp glance around the court room. "What manner of trickery is this?"

"Whatever do you mean?" Lilith asked the young queen.

Sera said nothing, and the prince- Caliban, only smirked, a smirk that was far too familiar to her by now. 

"The Morningstar and I are already... acquainted." He said simply. His voice was just as she remembered it. Those dreams... those sinful, horrible dreams, had some part of them been real? Sera's cheeks flushed at the thought, and Caliban cast her a knowing smirk in response, as though he could read her mind. It was the first of many stolen glances across the court room.

Caliban took a seat at the head of the table, directly opposite Sera, not tearing his gaze from hers as he unfurled a scroll of worn parchment along the table.

"I, Caliban, Prince of Hell, challenge the Morningstar to her seat on the throne. Look upon this scroll, I have here six-hundred and sixty-six signatures from the highest born of Hell, to endorse my challenge. By infernal law of the court of hell, you must accept, or you can simply forfeit the throne, or perhaps, we could align." He announced, smirking, as he rolled the scroll across the table, for the demons to bear witness to, and Sera noticed even some of their names upon the scroll, her own court. She flushed with the bitter sting of betrayal, she had hardly been queen a day and her subjects were turning against her. Why? Because she was a fallen angel? Because she was only half demon? Because she was a woman?

But she grinned anyway, the perfect mask of a self-confident, cocky ruler, "Align? I think not. And luckily for me I do love a challenge," Sera purred, though she felt her mask slipping. "Enlighten me, Caliban."

"I challenge you on a quest for the unholy regalia, " He announced, earing whispers and laughter from the court, as many chanted his name in approval. They followed him, supported him, and what had he done to gain their support? What did he have that Sera didn't?. "Legend has it that he who finds and collects these relics may take his seat on the throne, whether they be Morningstar or not. Do you accept my challenge, Sera?"