wrath (edited)

"YOU SAW?" Her voice shook. Everyone who had witnessed what she did that day had died. She had killed them all to protect what she had done. But he... he knew. He knew her secret. A living soul who knew what she had done. 

"There is no shame here, daughter." He grinned. He knew what he was doing. Exposing her to those courts. Making her feel threatened. Weak. "Should I tell them? Should I tell them what happened that day, what you did?"

There were tears in her eyes. 

She wouldn't let them fall. She wouldn't let him see her cry. She wouldn't let any of those infernal bastards see her cry.

"Please." Sera held his gaze. She was desperate, but her voice was far from weak. "I'll marry, I'll step down. Whatever you want. But please. Don't."

His grin only widened as he swirled his drink in it's glass, a rich blue liquid that made his eyes twinkle with something deeper than darkness. "That wasn't so hard now, was it?" He asked coyly. 

Sera begged herself not to cry, begged herself to keep up that cocky, confident mask.

"Then it is decided. You will wed Caliban and keep the throne warm for your brother."

"My what?" She hardly choked out her words. Brother? Brother.

"Lilith is with child."

She shook her head. Lilith, her regent? Lilith who despised the Dark Lord. Lilith who was supposed to be on her side. "I will do no such thing." She hissed, "That throne is mine."

Caliban's wide eyes met hers, bright with a kingd of rage she hadn't seen in him before. 

"Dismissed," Sera spat, "The lot of you, dismissed."

"You do not dismiss them anymore, daughter," Lucifer leered. "I do, until you are married."

"Get the fuck out of here," Sera said with deadly quiet. "Or I'll kill you all where you stand."

None of them were stupid enough to stay.

Only Caliban.

"I'm going to kill it." He snarled. "Lucifer's bastard."

Sera scoffed, "I won't stop you," She said, "I want it gone. Him too."

"You really think that you can kill him?" Caliban asked her, "The Dark Lord? Who is as old as this world?"

She smiled softly, her eyes glinting with a wicked calm. "Or die trying."

"He does not trust you, my lady." Caliban said, pacing up and down the court room. "He knows that you wish him dead. You will not get close enough to kill him."

"Good," She leered. "Because as long as he does not feel threatened, that means he makes at least one mistake,"

"And what is that?"

A thousand stars danced in her eyes. 

"Underestimating me."

꧁꧂

"What if we just stabbed Lilith?" Caliban asked, though it were some glaringly obvious solution to their predicament.