respect and fear (edited)

THE SILENCE SEEMED DEAFENING.

It rang loudly in Sera's ears as she stared up at her ceiling, unmoving despite the pounding that throbbed in her head. She couldn't sleep, thoughts, worries and questions swarmed her mind, and the little sleep she had managed earlier had been plagued by nightmares. She had never felt as miserable as she did now, laid here wallowing in self-pity and anxiety, watching the hands of the clock move torturously slowly, as she listened to the quiet ticking emitted from the rather large clock on her east wall.

A small sigh escaped her anxiety-picked lips, that were marked with a black stain from the spots of blood she had caused, biting gnawing and picking away at the flesh.

She needed to forget. She needed someone to make her forget.

For a brief moment, she closed her eyes, and contemplated over imagining someone being here. She had already spoken with her family, and the thought of doing it again unnerved her for some reason, as much as she missed them, in this moment it didn't feel right. So what about her friends? Prudence, Dorcas, Agatha, Elsbeth, Melvin, maybe even Scratch, despite their quarrels of the past, and Hilda always said it was because they were too alike. Or her mortal friends, Roz, Harvey, Theo. Someone else sprung to mind, however Sera pushed down the thought. Yet her mind continued to wander back to the clay prince and all those dreams that she had had of him.

When her eyes closed she could see him, every detail of him, Caliban's face fresh in her mind, as though everything about him called out to her in a way she couldn't explain.

She remembered the feeling of his skin on hers, the warmth of his embrace.

She wanted him to make her forget, just like he did in those dreams. When she could lose herself in him, if just for a moment.

Her eyes roamed her chambers, settling on her vanity, as she pushed herself from the warm comforts of her king-sized bed, striding towards it despite her tiredness. For a moment, her eyes fixed on her reflection, before squeezing shut. She called his name out into the dark, savouring the way it tasted on her tongue, as she spoke, the mere name enough to make her stomach erupt with butterflies. Behind her, the angel heard the soft whooshing that came with teleportation, hot air swirled behind her, yet she did not turn, her beautiful cobalt blue eyes fixated on the mirror at her vanity as she heard him drawing closer. She could feel his hot breath on her neck, her stomach reacting by doing flips, her mind screaming with nervousness and the realisation she had not at all thought this through. When he spoke, his voice was sharp and deep as though she had woke him, and she couldn't deny the giddy fluttering in her chest at his presence.

"You came?" Sera asked with flushed cheeks Part of her felt foolish for something like this. Part of her wanted to send him back to wherever he had come from. But part of her...

"You called." He knew. From the hungry look in his eyes, he knew exactly what she had been thinking when she summoned him. But Caliban made no move. He simply watched her. Quietly. Carefully.

"I want to forget," Sera's voice was hardly a whisper, so quiet that he strained to hear her. "Make me forget."

He knew what she meant. He knew exactly why she had called him there. "Are you sure?" Caliban's words weren't something that she had expected. His hand cupped her jaw and Sera leaned into his touch.

"Just fix it, please." She begged, willing the tears not to fall.

"Fix what?" His voice was softer than it had ever been. His tone gentle enough to be almost concerned.

"Me." This time she couldn't stop those tears from falling. But she kissed him anyway.

Their lips met in a wonderful, beautiful sin. And it was nothing like the dreams.