the crown of king herod (edited)

"HOW BAD WAS IT?"

"You practically fucked in front of the entire court, threw up, everywhere, and killed a notable number of staff."

"Fuck," Sera grumbled, clutching her throbbing head. "Please tell me we didn't actually-"

Lilith shook her head, "You were... dancing. Not the kind of dancing you do in public. Definitely not the kind of dancing you were doing before, strange as it was. After you took the drugs, you were dancing in a way that is in no way appropriate for a queen... not even in Hell."

Sera grimaced at the words. "Great, so basically we're both fucked."

"There's no 'both' about it. Caliban hardly even embarrassed himself, unlike y-"

"What do you mean?" She asked, "What do you mean hardly embarrassed himself? We both took the drugs,"

"My guess, he was trying to humiliate you in front of the nobles." Lilith said.

Sera said nothing, she didn't know what to say.

After all she endured, she couldn't let some back-stabbing bastard Prince get in her way, she told herself, stuffing a collection of torn-out book pages and scribbled notes into a small bag.

"Where in Satan's name are you going?" Her regent demanded.

"To humiliate him when he loses this quest."

And then, in a whoosh of smoke and ash, she was gone.

꧁꧂

A new-found heat lingered in the Spellman residence, and cooking breakfast, Hilda shrugged off her knitted cardigan. "Sabrina love, could you open me a window? It's terribly hot in here," She said.

But as the youngest Spellman approached the window, she stopped dead. A swirl of rich amber flames had her grinning with excitement. She knew what that meat. Sera. Sera was coming home. The flames subsided to reveal a girl much unlike the Sera her family had known. She was... regal. Dressed in a gown fit for some sort of infernal ball, crafted of bone and silk and pure, solid gold. Despite her royal attire, her makeup was smudged and her hair was disheveled, as though this was how she had fallen asleep.

"Sera!" Hilda gushed, forgetting her cooking bacon and rushing to embrace the girl.

"Hi, Auntie," She forced a smile, clutching her pounding head. Hilda and Zelda may not have been related to her through blood, but they were far kinder to her than any of Sera's blood relatives had been, save for Sabrina. 

Once being exiled, Sera had discovered her half-sister, who took her in, treated her like family. Sabrina had been the first person ever to show her such kindness.

Even Zelda put down her morning paper to embrace the girl.

"I'm afraid I'm not visiting for good reasons," Sera sighed, "There's this... prince, who's challenged me for the throne. To win, I have to find the Unholy Regalia and return them to Hell before he does."

Zelda scoffed, "That's impossible, the Regalia is a mere legend."

Sera nodded, "I know, that's why I need help. All three items are here, in the mortal realm, and I thought you could help me."

"I can try," Ambrose said, "But the coven is waning on power ever since we banished the Dark Lord, we fear he is punishing us."